ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manual Steering Rack for 182

TrackCar & F30 330d
Right I am after a little bit of help with choosing a manual steering rack for my 182.

Laxy bought a clio dci rack and this was his

21012010678.jpg

He said he had 2 turns lock to lock with this rack.

I am after the same rack but the racks on Ebay look different as they could be from a newer model.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=...ng+rack&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Or

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=...ng+rack&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Does anybody know the part number of the rack he will have had?

Fred - you have a manual rack on your dynacup, is that a 1.2 rack or a dci rack? are they the same? how many turns do you have lock to lock.

I'm basically after a manual rack with as little turn to turns as poss that will fit my 182.

Thanks

Lionel Richie
trust me they're not, 01-04 1.2 16v/dci rack is what you need, call elliot at GSF b'ham and he'll sort you

clio 182
bring up an old thread......

i just got a manual steering rack of an 04 clio, well thats what the scrappy said. it is immaculate and still has the sticker on it with loads of numbers

they are

JALY x65 DMDE <373>
69 00 001 703
82 00 891 309

can anyone confirm if this is the correct rack? it is to fit on a 182 so will i also need to put on the 182 track rods and track rod ends?

it was only £50 so it seems a bargain if its correct!

thanks to anyone that can help!

Laguna sport tourer
hi jacking the thread slightly, but why would fitting a 1.2 rack onto a 182 give faster steering? are the steering arms shorter on the 182 or something?
sorry for the dumb question

clio 182
It won't, its slightly slower but nothing noticable I don't think! It is purely to get rid of pas when using a volvo set up etc