ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Map Sensor Issue

ph1 track weapon
Hi all,

having broken my map sensor and got a replacement the car is still having problems.

All the info has been relayed across from my dad, as I'm stuck in lyon trying to fly back from a snowboarding holiday (with little luck I may add!!!!)

he fitted the new MAP sensor (with battery disconnected) then reconnected battery, started the car, idled at about 1500rpm and STANK of fuel, he then turned it off as worried about the smell! on trying to give it a little gas nothing happens either!

any suggestions from anyone?

many thanks

ed

Da

Less
Is the sensor new - is it known to be working?

I replaced mine and had no issues what so ever.

Do you have the EML on, I know when my MAP played up it ran rich, which ultimately affected my pre cat O2 sensor.

ph1 track weapon
it came from josh at cliospares, so not new i dont think, but has a warranty if there are any problems

the EML is an electrical fault light on the dash i take it? as if so yes. i cant see it first hand so cant confirm for definite. dads called the RAC out so hopefully they'll be able to fix it!

Da

Less
Well if the EML is on you may need to change the pre cat O2 as it will have been polluted by the poor running. Mine was and I changed it before fitting the new MAP.

EML is the engine management warning light on the dash yeah.

www.renparts.co.uk
all come from tested engines. little tip would be to get some carb/brake cleaner and just spray the sensor with it, in case it has something in it. If there proves to be a problem with the sensor get in touch and i can send another right away.

ph1 track weapon
will keep you updated josh. as said i'm trying to co-ordinate all this from a hotel room in lyon so finding it a little difficult!

ed

ph1 track weapon
faults shown are :
p0120 throttle/pedal position sensor circuit malfunction

p0110 intake air temp circuit malfunciton

anyone able to help?

ed