ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Maplin airbag resistor help please

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right. Is that without resistors it does that?
Mine had a little flicker to start with but i skrted that by doubling over the ends of the resistors so to get a better contact. Have been fine ever since.
If you know anybody who has clip, they can be turned off properly.

Clio 172
I'm goin to be having this issue I'll calibrate the steering sensor but I have no idea where to get the resisters from as maplin are not open anymore

Does anyone know of anywhere else cheers

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'm goin to be having this issue I'll calibrate the steering sensor but I have no idea where to get the resisters from as maplin are not open anymore

Does anyone know of anywhere else cheers

Hi mate. Where are you based? I can turn the airbag light off using the software I have. I charge £20. Much better than the resistor bodge!

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
So I've popped some 3.3 resistors into the rear seat belt connectors as since taking the back seats and belts out of my 2002 172 PH2 the service light, and airbag have been on.

Am I correct in thinking that the resistor straddle the plug creating a circuit because the service light and airbag light haven't gone out. Or do I need them turning off with a diagnostics?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
So I've popped some 3.3 resistors into the rear seat belt connectors as since taking the back seats and belts out of my 2002 172 PH2 the service light, and airbag have been on.

Am I correct in thinking that the resistor straddle the plug creating a circuit because the service light and airbag light haven't gone out. Or do I need them turning off with a diagnostics?
They go out when the circuit is complete. Triple the resistor legs over

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
They go out when the circuit is complete. Triple the resistor legs over
I'll give that ago this afternoon. I've still got the rear belts, I'll snip the plug off and wire up the resistor and plug it in and see how that goes.

I wasn't sure if it needed resetting or something?

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
So I tried this after work and the lights are still on. Any advice please as I’d like to get the car down for an MOT soon.

Attachments

• 7CA9340A-8D23-47DF-B15B-A83BD46F3C3F.jpeg
    7CA9340A-8D23-47DF-B15B-A83BD46F3C3F.jpeg
    225.9 KB · Views: 126

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200

I don’t think the rear seat belts had any wiring to do with the airbag light?
I think it must be something else.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
They do on certain cars mate.
You can have the lights turned off with clip or RSTuner but resistors complete the circuit and should work too. You must have an issue elsewhere

Clio 197,with megan'
My 197 has. I removed the rear seats/seatbelts, leaving light on dash. Being very delicate, it was difficult to get good fit, so I used the ends of safety pins into the resistors to help with good contact, taped up, and no problems since.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
My 197 has. I removed the rear seats/seatbelts, leaving light on dash. Being very delicate, it was difficult to get good fit, so I used the ends of safety pins into the resistors to help with good contact, taped up, and no problems since.

Yes i know 197/200’s have but didn’t know 172/182’s did (as per the latest question).