ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mark Fish Vs Cooksport

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
In the next 6 months im looking at getting my sachs dampers done and im looking to put new springs on just to keep everything up to date and fresh.

Im running red Mark Fish springs just now and im happy with them but im looking to see what all the chat is about with the cooksport ones and why alot of people are turning to them?

If im being honest i would like the clio to sit a little bit lower.

Clio 182 Trophy
Any update on this? I'm trying to decide between the two just now and would be interested to know what each is like.

Lionel Richie
i'd say the cooksports weren't designed for the Sachs, stock spring rate on a trophy is massively different to a normal 172/182 (try fitting a trophy spring to a 172/182 shock and you'll get the idea!)

Maybe ask Cooksport to do some Trophy specific springs?

As above. I'm very happy with mine. A tad skittish on particularly bumpy B roads but on smooth road and track they work well.

Clio 182 Trophy
i'd say the cooksports weren't designed for the Sachs, stock spring rate on a trophy is massively different to a normal 172/182 (try fitting a trophy spring to a 172/182 shock and you'll get the idea!)

Maybe ask Cooksport to do some Trophy specific springs?

Are the mark fish ones more suited to the Sachs?

Lionel Richie
Ask Mark! there's a third option that works, but its a bit gypo and Trophy owners can be a bit "special" sometimes and hence won't go for it!

I know/have seen the third option ;) not sure anyone would dare post it on CS!

Only works for the fronts though, the rears will have to stay standard or be upgraded/changed to lower ones.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
angle grinder ftw, do it on the car for extra danger factor................:butt:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Cooksport would be fine on a trophy. 182 cup has the same spring rates as the trophy, got the figures somewhere.

182 CUP:
The option involves a 3mm lower ride height, spring rates up a further 20 per cent at the front and 15 per cent at the rear
Source

Trophy:
The Trophy is based on the Renaultsport 182 Cup with several technical changes. The suspension is based on the Clio Cup set-up. As a reminder, over the normal Renaultsport 182, this has lower ride height, stiffer springs (20% front, 15% rear), re-rated dampers (+20% front, +10% rear), strengthened front wheel hub carriers and revised steering geometry.

The Trophy suspension is lowered a further 10mm at the front with shorter springs.
Source

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Cooksport would be fine on a trophy. 182 cup has the same spring rates as the trophy, got the figures somewhere.

Bloody doesn't on the front!

Rears are the same springs.

Funny someone mentioned apex springs, they're probably about the right stiffness to work well with Sachs, never tried it though.

Fitted some Spax adjustable dampers on the rear of a trophy recently and that works nicely. All standard new springs though.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
If you have the mark fish ones I wouldn't change. If you're happy with them except for ride height i wouldn't change.

Cooksports on the rear are little bit too hard for my liking and sit too low on trophies. Fronts are fine though.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Here is 3 questions i asked MarK Fish & Here is his response.

ASKED -
1, Are the mark fish spring set up for the trophy suited to the sachs dampers ?
2, Can you refurbish the front sachs dampers ?
3, What is the benefit of the rear koni upgrade and what is the cost of these ?

RESPONSE -
1) yes they are specific for the trophy struts.
2) I send these to Bg motorsport, Silverstone.
3) If you de-pin the sachs fronts the rear adjustable dampers compliment this adjustability front and rear.
Even with the front sachs left fixed the rear end needs stiffening. This improves the stability and turn in, especially under braking

CLIO R27-r26r
Here is 3 questions i asked MarK Fish & Here is his response.

ASKED -
1, Are the mark fish spring set up for the trophy suited to the sachs dampers ?
2, Can you refurbish the front sachs dampers ?
3, What is the benefit of the rear koni upgrade and what is the cost of these ?

RESPONSE -
1) yes they are specific for the trophy struts.
2) I send these to Bg motorsport, Silverstone.
3) If you de-pin the sachs fronts the rear adjustable dampers compliment this adjustability front and rear.
Even with the front sachs left fixed the rear end needs stiffening. This improves the stability and turn in, especially under braking
Hi MarcR what is the part number for the rear koni shocks for a clio Trophy thanks anthony

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
You just buy Koni rear shocks for a 172, I suspect. Given that they are all the same fitment and they are adjustable, they'll be spot on.