ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's 2017 Ford Focus RS

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Doubt it's handback in this time period, so I'm guessing a px into a BMW (god knows why they're mostly shite, I'd bet more dealer visits than a ford)

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Mark you c**k tease. Gone for used this time then? Thought you were a new car man!
He’s an accountant. Maybe he’s seen that a used is a better proposition if the initial depreciation is high.
That’s also the reason I don’t believe he’d buy the I30N.
Also, perhaps there’s a wait for the new car or it’s stopped production.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
M140i a better choice than the Focus. I see far less of them locally than the Focus

Guy round the corner from me who works for Mountune has a 3dr M140i

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Oh don't get me wrong, I'd love one! Just expected the M2 if going BMW lol

If the rear seats was more usable and I could have found one with low miles for a straight swap, definitely. but having dropped £35k cash on the Focus just 18 months ago putting any more money into a car was a no no for me.

I accept it's not the raw sharp thing the RS was, but with 340-360 through the rear wheels in a short wheelbase chassis weighing only 1400 kgs or so it's entertaining, so entertaining.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
If the rear seats was more usable and I could have found one with low miles for a straight swap, definitely. but having dropped £35k cash on the Focus just 18 months ago putting any more money into a car was a no no for me.

I accept it's not the raw sharp thing the RS was, but with 340-360 through the rear wheels in a short wheelbase chassis weighing only 1400 kgs or so it's entertaining, so entertaining.
Can't wait for the drifting videos!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
M140i, manual, killer spec. straight swap, same age, but with 4 new Bridgestones and 9k less miles than the RS.

It actually feels like I've stolen it.

Oh, and as Jeff has said many many times, it so needs a diff. Like really really badly.
What made you pick this over other hatchbacks like the Type R for example ?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
What made you pick this over other hatchbacks like the Type R for example ?

The RS has given me a taste for steering from the rear. I like that a lot.

Also, the fact that the next gen 1 series will be FWD, have no straight six, and already you can no longer buy a manual 140 made me think that if I don't do this now, I may never get the chance.

The RWD six cylinder 1 series was a unique thing and it's pretty much extinct now. What I've got is almost as good as a new one but for ropey Focus RS money.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I did chuckle at ropey RS money.

I've got my diff in the garage, let me know if you're interested as it'll be going on the usual forums whenever I can be bothered to go and take the mandatory pic with my username :/

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
M140i, manual, killer spec. straight swap, same age, but with 4 new Bridgestones and 9k less miles than the RS.

It actually feels like I've stolen it.

Oh, and as Jeff has said many many times, it so needs a diff. Like really really badly.

Give us some pics then Mark, jesus.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Has it got runflats on it Mark?

Get them swapped out for the SuperSport/MP4S if so ... will help a decent amount with grip. Especially with the LSD ?

Nice decision BTW, spec is epic, which id bought Jeff's now, could have been black/red M135i fwends ..

Met up with the guy that bought it by chance. Proper lad, he burned up at speed and got out smoking weed lol.

@Sir_Dave if you get another. Get a manual. So much more of a car!

53384038-1729-44CD-8C90-AE7EA70E7E9A.jpeg

he burned up at speed and got out smoking weed lol.

Sounds like it will be up for sale again soon when he loses his licence, or upside down in a ditch in a haze of smoke.

Who drives around smoking joints these days! He might as well of had a can of Fosters in his hand as well. Seems the M135i is already attracting the Chav brigade!