ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Martin_172's Trophy Number 248

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Went to view this on Friday and picked it up Today (Monday) Trophy number 248, an absolute minter with only 54k on the clock, unmarked, recaros immaculate etc just one wheel that's had a wee kerb mark

10259313_10201136465334171_1444085792143267134_o.jpg

10269143_10201136465294170_2336213782366889042_o.jpg

Owned by a few OCD owners, had its first service at only 700 miles!!

Dampers were refurbed in 2011 but are shot again but I had already factored this in and was gonna have them done anyway just didn't want to have to do them as soon as I got it but these things happen so will get them off this week and sent away :)

Plans are just to keep it pretty standard, and mint. it needs the door handles done as they have gone trophy pink and it needs a good detail along with some decent brakes as they are poor although reasonably new!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Very nice. Is this the one that was for sale on here in fife.?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Haha not me thankfully! Speedlines are staying tho! Dying to get the dampers done they are comming off on wed, it handles properly bad at the moment, my dci on apex 60mm springs is better haha

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
Good choice. Mines going in wed to get my handles done plus a good mop and wheel scuff sorted. The dampers after recon will make it so much better

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely mate, they still look superb.

Get the 2 little roof rails painted also, they'll be Pink! Quite surprised you went down this road Martin, thought you were into your new cars these days.

My one for reference...

8522152080_41bd1821f2_z.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think he sold it. I contacted him on Twitter about what springs etc he had fitted and I swear he sold it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely mate, they still look superb.

Get the 2 little roof rails painted also, they'll be Pink! Quite surprised you went down this road Martin, thought you were into your new cars these days.

My one for reference...

cheers dude, I love it, just about to strip the Sachs off it and organise where im sending them for a rebuild!

I keep looking at new cars but nothing gets me smiling like getting behind the wheel of a good 172/182, I was looking for a clean 182 and was struggling so a trophy seemed like the best way to get one, I wasn't to fussed about the model its self but theres just something special about it I knew it the minute I saw it (never saw one up close in the flesh) as a package its just brilliant! its the first car ive owned considering its age that doesn't have ANY stone chips!!! front bumper still has the little black stickers too so its either been painted VERY well or just genuinely never had a stone chip!

trophy #417
That looks in great condition I got my trophy about two months ago now and absolutely love it. I need to tidy up my interior after seeing pictures of this haha

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys im loving it, waiting on cornering force getting back to me about damper refurb and i need to change the front brakes as they are horrible.

Proper mint wee car just the suspension and brakes were both shot! But i could see passed that and knew how much potential it has!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
All about the final product. It's not going to shed money.

I'd consider xenons for the future. I hate those lights! If I had kept mine i'd have changed them

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
All about the final product. It's not going to shed money.

I'd consider xenons for the future. I hate those lights! If I had kept mine i'd have changed them

6 months ago id have agreed with you! but I want to keep this one 100% factory original.

got a set of xenons sitting here for the dci too! just cba fitting them! lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Weather was nice the other day so went a run with my mate in his Fiesta ST

2014-06-16-0799.jpg

2014-06-18-0811.jpg

2014-06-18-0807.jpg

2014-06-18-0804.jpg

2014-06-18-0803.jpg

in good old clio fasion it suffered a failed exhaust mount on the drive so got 2 new genuine ones ordered and fitted
WP_20140621_008.jpg

tomorrows job... (bloddy expensive compaired to what you pay for them on here but needed them today for tomorrow as the DCI is getting a new turbo and need this for work for the weekend!)
WP_20140623_003.jpg

along with the mile muncher!..
2014-06-14-0785.jpg

2014-06-14-0786.jpg

Last edited:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have spare door handle sitting about that I'm going to get done also as mine are going pink.

This one looks stunning and as said that steering wheel has so much want at the fact its not damaged like all the others.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I have spare door handle sitting about that I'm going to get done also as mine are going pink.

This one looks stunning and as said that steering wheel has so much want at the fact its not damaged like all the others.

cheers, its had the wheel replaced at some point, might take it off and keep it good and stick a refurbed one on it.

got a new set of stickers coming for the front dampers which are being refurbed and got a new set of rear dampers on order :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Stickers for the dampers arrived today :)

Unfortunately you can only get the newer Twingo R2 style stickers used on the sachs on the twingo R2 rally cars they are pretty much the same bar a different image on the background and a ZF logo instead of Sachs (not sure who ZF are if they are a devision of sachs or something?!)
2014-07-05-0857.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not much has changed still just doing a few miles a week in it when its dry, although trying to keep it out the sun to stop it going pink haha!!!

pictured here with my DCi 80 Daily...
10559820_10201424284409468_9133099119281052920_n.jpg

10343521_10201439936120751_6048707686028060713_n.jpg