ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Marwell Zoo

My first trip to Marwell for a few years, picked up a Sigma 100-300mm f4 last week so wanted to take it for a test drive. As my first heavy lens for several years it's hard to describe how much my left arm aches right now! Pleased with it though, gets another work out this weekend at Castle Combe.

8675615491_cb11e91f52_c.jpg

Marwell Zoo by Harry_S, on Flickr

8675616039_8c91389a5a_c.jpg

8676725430_1518603888_c.jpg

8675624785_3db509fd30_c.jpg

8676726230_f76772a54a_c.jpg

8676728488_013b11b08c_c.jpg

8676727076_9e6cd69b68_c.jpg

Cupra
I like zoo pictures when it's not apparent the animals are caged. Nice shots.

Otters always look so cute, but did you know they are deviants?

I like zoo pictures when it's not apparent the animals are caged. Nice shots.

Otters always look so cute, but did you know they are deviants?

Had no idea about that, nice!

It's funny, Marwell has Snow Leopards, Tigers, Cheetahs etc, and I spend half of my day watching the Otters. Love them.

Lovely photos, the Sigma is a great lens.

I'm undecided on that, I have the Sony 70-300mm f4-5.6 G SSM and it's so much nicer to use, it doesn't focus hunt nearly as much as the Sigma, it's silent (video with the Sig is hilariously noisy), probably quicker to AF, just fits in my Crumpler bag and it's far better put together. Obviously the Sigma is faster at the longer end, but I'm not sure if that bothers me.

I'm shooting an event at Castle Combe this Saturday 50/50 with the Sony and Sigma, then returning to the Zoo with the Sony so I've done a full comparison. After that I will decide which to keep.

Cracking pics - not sure i like the Brokeh on a couple of the shots. Will be interesting too see how the Sony compares.

Im taking the Nikon 70-300 for my outings in Cornwall next month so will update with some zoo pics too!

Looks like a decent zoo for taking pictures TBF. Although I think they're all good, my favourites are #1 and #3. #5 could have been cropped a tad better, I think.

Great set man.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I had a long term test of both the Sony G and Sigma before deciding to buy the Sigma. For motorsport use I much prefer the Sigma. The Sony is very good but the Sigma outperformed it during my tests.

I had a long term test of both the Sony G and Sigma before deciding to buy the Sigma. For motorsport use I much prefer the Sigma. The Sony is very good but the Sigma outperformed it during my tests.

Interesting, I would guess sample variation is significantly higher in the Sigma, so I will see how I get on.

I feel like I've finally grown up (at 31!), not so long ago I would be buying and selling like crazy, now I'm actually taking my time and deciding what's best.