ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matched inlet

clio 182 @ 179.5bhp
Got my car booked in for a remap at rs tuning next wednesday and was just wondering if I should have had the inlet manifold matched first, what knid of gains would you expect or is it not really worth it? Car is a 2005 182, heard that 182,s with rs stamped on the inlets are slightly better cast anyway. Any opinions appreciated.

Qashcow
made a huge difference on my ph1 172 with a decent filter upgrade, about 15 bhp with a V6 airbox etc but i know that some people will say its pointless on a RS stamped one.

is your's RS stamped?

get it done before the remap because they can then take that into account

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
A re map shud be the last thing to do really, especially a live map like paul does.

You will see a slight gain from the inlets after but you will see a larger gain if mapped properly.

clio 182 @ 179.5bhp
A re map shud be the last thing to do really, especially a live map like paul does.

You will see a slight gain from the inlets after but you will see a larger gain if mapped properly.

So in my position having just an ITG panel would you recomend getting the inlet done before the map. Do you have your inlet matched?

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
is there some description on how the matched inlets are made? I don't think anybody does this job in my country, so maybe a detailled description of the process will help me find someone who could carry this operation for me