ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

Right, need some advice here chaps...

Seriously thinking about handing the car back after the summer (September time).

Its due to go back in April, however it will need a set of front tyres before then (currently on aprox 3.5mm) and a 'full' service, which will probably be in the £200 region.

So thats about £4/500 right there (plus the £210 per month payments). If I give it back in September, that would be 7 payments of £210 (1470) /2 - 20% = £588 roughly and walk away.

I have the C1 to potter about in, which to be honest I use 70% of the time to go to work in down the road as its awesome fun and costs nothing to run.

This would leave me free to see how I got on with the C1 and being in a 1 car household, and also free to jump on any amazing deals that pop up towards the end of 2015.

In all honestly, its a great car, but I've not really 'loved' it if that makes sense...?

Thoughts welcome. :)

I can't remember if you said the rattles and aftercare put you off ford?

So many people with these now it could've been anyone!

Otherwise I'd say have a look at the RS when it comes out.

Yeah the rattles were shocking, although I seemed to have fixed 90% of them now, by pulling the interior trim off!!

Not sure its put me off Ford totally, I'd still consider the Focus ST, as Im sure it will be better put together than the Fiesta.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the rattles were shocking, although I seemed to have fixed 90% of them now, by pulling the interior trim off!!

Not sure its put me off Ford totally, I'd still consider the Focus ST, as Im sure it will be better put together than the Fiesta.
it is ;)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
yeah. im barely using it. does 9 miles a day back and fore to work.
thinking of getting a bike, get my misses a decent car, and i have the megane for weekends

difficult to get rid of it though, its such an epic car

Ask yourself, do you want something you can use every day (which it sounds like you don't)
Or something for a weekend blast and to enjoy driving

Sounds like the latter?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I know you've had a few issues with your car, have you had this one with the one touch windows?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Mine does that with the windows i thought was my wind deflectors causing it so I chucked them in the bin.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I used the car again yesterday and the one touch system was working fine so I have no idea what was wrong with it

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
@sbridgey mine did that a lot when new. I took it back to Ford who said its very common and nothing they can do about it. Their reasoning was 'its just a bit tight at the top'. Nice.

Its stopped doing it now, must have loosened lol.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Oh right well maybe mines loosened now but I rarely open the passenger window

Just updating with a few up to date pictures...

19649279818_f1b8f5dab6_c.jpg

19649276618_0e1aeac7f6_c.jpg

19649281098_acf3d8ec42_c.jpg

19650702789_07f0b8cf2a_c.jpg

19842205581_0d7945ec84_c.jpg

19829953592_f351f10beb_c.jpg

19649295168_a1c9a342f6_c.jpg

19842221131_4d1e3d9b5b_c.jpg

19214700604_fdd3a67372_c.jpg

19829975552_35a3fe3567_c.jpg

19794649062_2575bc5094_c.jpg

19801966815_d886d2c633_c.jpg

19775761706_43f95b07ed_c.jpg

So I took the car to Blyton Park for the Cliosport Saturday 2015 track day at the weekend. This was the first time either myself, or the ST had been on a proper track, and it was an ace day. Met some really nice people, and managed to put some names to faces.

Overall the car did about 75 miles on-track, and averaged approximately 15mpg.

This was also the first time Sarah had been on a track day, and after some gentle persuasion, I even got her behind the wheel. She absolutely loved it and now wants a Clio track car (despite saying no to my requests for several years). :astonished:

The ST performed brilliantly, and the only factor holding it back were the Bridgestone road tyres. They really are woeful on track and now have about 1.8mm tread left so need replacing. As I thought, the ST was on par in a straight line with stripped Clios, and slightly pulled against standard-ish ones. Although @Knuckles 's 197 was on par with the Fiesta down the back straight, so the nonsense about 197s being slow in a straight line is rubbish...

Didn't get a single sign of any brake fade all morning, despite some very heavy braking. The car was very playful at the rear, and I managed to get some drifting in at a few points on the track. Anyway, courtesy of @AJFisher and @Feirny here are a few pictures. Thanks boys.

19647202053_94c3eec3f6_c.jpg
20019068260_9f8f042fd0_k

19602142743_2a38f34bcb_c.jpg
untitled4

20036515959_a2033b26f8_c.jpg
untitled3

20035113548_984d945689_c.jpg
untitled2

20223140905_a43ac6f7f4_c.jpg
untitled

20035119098_441ff4ff29_c.jpg
IMG_0740 (3)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Lol I didn't even notice you chasing me, I was too busy shitting myself lol.

Did you find the fiesta pulled slightly on my car? As I was always of the impression that they were s**t in a straight line... It was s**t compared to the modified 1*2s lol.

It looked very well and kudos for getting the missus into it!

I'd say it was pretty much on par with yours mate, but I could reel in standard-ish (not stripped etc) 172/182s in down the back straight.

Every corner I was sliding it round, just for the sheer crack. Because rental.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'd say it was pretty much on par with yours mate, but I could reel in standard-ish (not stripped etc) 172/182s in down the back straight.

Every corner I was sliding it round, just for the sheer crack. Because rental.

Ah, good to know!

Although absolutely everything out braked me lol. I can't wait to get my new ones fitted so I can stop properly lol.

Lol good effort. It was only in the afternoon that I realised I had forgotten to turn off the esp lol :(

That may have been why I could only slide it in a couple of areas

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice work! Looks good, especially the wheels.

I find the complete opposite on track with the OEM Bridgestone tyres. Love them so much that I had my third set fitted on Saturday in advance of Goodwood this coming weekend. can't wait...will have some comedy moments as it wobbles about on the big tall treadblocks.

Look's good on track, sounded like a lot off fun! I'am debating booking Blyton for the 29th of this month to see what the ST is like.

The few spirited drives I've had with 197 & 200's and even 1*2's have always been about the same, pace wise. Internet 'myth' them being slow.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Strange that I thought the total opposite Mark. You could feel them sliding across the track surface through the corners.

It's amazing how these tyres split opinions. I have Pirelli P Zero Nero things on the back of mine now and I have to try a little bit harder than I used to for the back end to play.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Was about to say are they correct pressure, as loads of people over inflate.

Hmmm yes might have been the wrong pressures. Had them at the standard pressure and everytime I came in, reduced them back down to standard.

Sounds like I was reacting rather than being proactive.