ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I think I may have to sell the new Clio....

I've only gone and asked Sarah to marry me, and she's seen a very expensive diamond ring (which is a lot more than the car cost a few weeks ago!)
Wtf? Why haven't you bought a ring? How do you propose without one?

If you've not got a ring, she's right to fleece you for a silly expensive one;).

Haha!! I knew she would like to choose her own so proposed in a local beauty spot, she backed away in sheer terror for a few seconds, before feeling obliged to say yes due to the amount of time we have been 'courting'.

Cant believe I'm having to buy a ring that costs more than my car.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
I had to sell my Lupo and my Landy 110 V8 to buy mine, My advice is go QVC ''Diamanique'' she'll never know!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Congrats/commiserations on the engagement!!
Word of advice though, dont buy from the high street, i.e. Ernest Jones etc, you will pay considerably more/get a far worse quality diamond than if you take the trip down to Hatton Garden in London and/or buy something online from Bluenile etc. There is also "ecain" or "nightmare" on PH who both trade in diamonds ...

Thanks Dave. There's a small family run high end jewellers local to us thats been there since the start of time. They have done me a good deal on a cracking ring (that the high street places wanted a lot more for like for like).

Appreciate the asvice though. She's seen it, and wants it so that's that! Ha.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Congrats mate. I'm dreading when the expense comes to me. I'm going to have to do it soon though.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Congrats mate. I proposed to my girl a few months back in Italy.

She's going to a wedding show with her mum and sister this weekend :coldsweat:

Worlds most boring update:

The front tyres have oficailly had it. They are probably illegal so I've just booked it in for two new fronts. I've had 13,500 miles and a track day out of the Bridgestones.

As the car is going back in December I have gone for some Toyos. £128 fitted for two. Bargain!

Snotter's
Are you still undecided what to replace the ST with? They were doing some crazy lease deals on the new 208 gti/30th anniversary model. Not sure if there still on offer

Completely unsure what to replace it. Was going to get an Octavia VRS Estate, but after specing it to what I would want it was £270/month. too much for a Skoda IMO.

I then went onto a new Golf GTI, but the ones G2L had on deal sold out.

At the moment I dont have a scooby-doo what to get next. I dont like the Clio or the Peugeot. Think I'll end up sendingthe ST back in Decmber and not replacing it, until something pops up that takes my fancy. I really want anothe convertable, but there arent any good deals about at the min..

Still got a month and a half with the car before it goes back. Had it cleaned for the first time in ages (the Polish gentleman), and parked in the work car park, I must admit it does look beautifull. The colour is amazing under lights.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Peugeot 308
I had a quotation to hand mine back a year early.

Interesting regarding the tyres though, I need a pair and was just going to go for Bridgestones again as that's what it's currently got? Are they likely to kick up that you've gone for a cheaper brand, now running ,I'd and match tyres?

I specifically asked what brand I need to replace with. They said as long as they are the correct size for the car. I have that in writing too somewhere. Brakes are squeeling like s**t at the moment though. Hoping I don't need to pay for new ones just before it goes back in December. They have done 14,000 (70 of which were on a track day).

Boy racer update.

Had a play with a chap in an EP3 Type R from 0 to approx 100 (kph obviously :wink:) up a motorway slip road. His looked modded, big exhaust etc etc and was only the driver. My ST is totally standard and has me and a passenger. Totally neck and neck. Not an inch in it. Gave him the thumbs up and we went our separate ways.

Just saying. Gives a good comparison though if your into that..

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
LOL

200 bhp vs 200 bhp with the same weight. Fun trying though.

Brakes? I'd be amazed if you need new ones...I saw over 35k on my OEM discs and pads...that's unless you're always on the brakes.

Passenger was my 8 stone other half so not too much weight! Ha. Was good to see the little 1.6T matching the 2.0 NA though.

Brakes are squeaking rally bad. Not sure why. As you say, I can't have gone through a set of lads in 14k miles. Wonder what it could be. Weather has been crap so not had chance to get the wheels off to have a look.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Thought you had sent it back already. Do you not feel with sending it back it's been a bit of a waste? I'm not being an ass Matt it was just my initial thought when i saw the pic in the car park.

It's due to go back in April. However, my plan all along has been to send it back in December so I could save the £250 per month it's costing me. We have the C1 and do about 5 miles per day.

Although in the past week or so, we have been talking about maybe renewing the insurance in December and keeping it until February or March.

Nothing out there either tickles my fancy or is as good value on lease as the ST and what it costs me. I was all for a new MX5 but sod paying nearly £400/month on a slower car.

So yeah, dunno what's happening with it at the moment ha.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ah fair enough. Best colour for these imo, although I can't remember the last time I saw an st lately.

The colour really is amazing. Although the colour of the wheels isn't as good as the silver.

It really is an ace all round car. It's the best car I've ever had, for sure. And I've had quite a few...

That's probably why I'm finding it hard to replace. Pound for pound I seriously doubt you can get anything better (brand new).

Yeah. G2L have sent me a 'it's your last 6 months' email. Gives me the option to buy the car and details of who to contact for a price. I won't buy it though, I've kicked it's head in from day one.