ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've not looked but I'd be interested what kind of deal they will do come the end of the term.

RB182cup&golf gti
I'm sure my balloon payment on pcp was 9.5ish after two years. Lease different though so be interesting to see how much you could buy it for.

Peugeot 308
I tried to have a play with an R53 Cooper S... thinking it was standard/ish.

Then I spotted a 1320 sticker, then I heard a lumpy idle and pop pop exhaust... then I got completely mullered.

Peugeot 308
Regarding a quote to buy, you can do that at any stage.

Also, if anyone has atleast a year left on their lease, it can be transferred with G2L to another person.

I've just taken the splitter, induction Kit and hid's off as it will be going back next month (early).

Saying that, I sold them on the owners club for more than I advertised within 2 hours 😂

Ben

ClioSport Club Member

Also, if anyone has atleast a year left on their lease, it can be transferred with G2L to another person.

I've just taken the splitter, induction Kit and hid's off as it will be going back next month (early).

Saying that, I sold them on the owners club for more than I advertised within 2 hours 😂

How many months early are you sending it back? I'm considering sending the ZS back early and going for a Focus STD

Peugeot 308
How many months early are you sending it back? I'm considering sending the ZS back early and going for a Focus STD

It's going back 8 months early @ half the remaining lease minus the VAT.

Ive done a hard 14k in it but now I have a different job, I use it once/twice a month so it's just taking up space now.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome! I've got about 11 months left but I think I might hold out for a 16 plate in March so mine would be 7 months x £130 (- VAT). Sounds pretty good actually.

Peugeot 308
Yeah that's not bad.

I'll save a grand in the long run handing it back early, although that will be wasted when I decide in a few months I need another POS to play with.

So after some serious thinking, and brow furrowing in the last few weeks, my plan to send it back in December has been officially binned. I've come to this conclusion for a number of reasons…

a) There is nothing out there for circa £200 per month that will be better than the ST or more fun
b) Its getting cold and the thought of the non heated seats/screen in the C1 over winter isn't a nice one
c) With the wedding saving, the £500 it will cost me to send it back, is better off in my bank than Network's
D) I'm still enjoying kicking its head in, and it's now got new front tyres and is way under the mileage allocation

Its official hand back date is mid-April 2016. I will, therefore, probably hand it back in early March or late February (I don't want to get stung and have to pay for the second service).

I don’t think I realised just how good the car was, until I started looking for a replacement. Without spending a lot more money each month, nothing even comes close to it. Quick, fuel efficient, handles amazingly, seats are awesome, looks great (from the front/side – back not so much). Ford really did nail it.

Fiesta ST-2
Mines due back same time as yours pretty much. Think I'll try and avoid the 2nd service and send it back early also.

Currently down in Cotswolds, so took a few pictures on the iPhone. Thought I'd post them...

image.jpeg

And our home from home..

image.jpeg

Four adults, and associated luggage. Handling it spot on so far!

Peugeot 308
I must admit, I loaded mine up to the brim with luggage. 3's up down to Devon for a weekend holiday.. The car felt just as good as it did with just me in the driving seat.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
I've done 9k in mine in 6 months. Nothing major other than a few rattles, kerbed alloy and a new windscreen.

I think I'm going to be way over the mileage allowance so might have to do something about that.

172 cup

Hi buddy you say the lease can be transferred to someone else if you have over a year left do I have to find that person or they will?

Peugeot 308
Hi buddy you say the lease can be transferred to someone else if you have over a year left do I have to find that person or they will?

You would have to find someone yourself fella. They would also have to have a good credit rating etc etc.

Peugeot 308
I've had the 'wear and tear' guidelines through... Seems like you can get away with more than I thought :up:

Thats one thing I would certainly miss if I went back to N/a - the torque of the ST in 3rd gear and upwards makes it so easy to drive. Overtake a car in 6th? No problem, away you go. None of this change down to 4th business.

Peugeot 308
I'd often presume I was in a lower gear when driving the ST, purely for the flexible range of torque on offer.

Now I'm driving an MCS its time to work again 😅😅

Small update.

The car is absolutely filthy at the moment. Coming upto nearly two months since it last saw a bucket and sponge. Going to try and not clean it till the spring, to see how minging I can get it :)

Also, the Toyo Proxes I put on to replace the Bridgesrones are comically bad. I've had Ching Chong budget tyres on cars I've bought in the past and these are as bad if not worse.

In the dry they are fine, really grippy infact. In the wet, I'd say they are slightly dangerous!

You know when your spinning your wheels in 3rd in a standard car there is something wrong. So much so, the girlfriend was driving the other day and looked at me as if to say what are these tyres?!? It's like driving on snow as soon as you put any power on in the wet.

If I knew when I bought them that the car wasn't going back within weeks, I'd have put something decent on. So yeah, avoid.

Anyway, filthy car...

image.jpeg

Mine's not been washed in ages too! the Rear Wiper just smears dirt across the window lol. Apologies if you've already said, but when is it going back ?

Mine's not been washed in ages too! the Rear Wiper just smears dirt across the window lol. Apologies if you've already said, but when is it going back ?

Hand back date is mid-April 2016. However, I'll be sending it back probably in February or March. As it stands, it won't be replaced. We are going to try and make do with the C1 and save aprox £250/month.

Nothing new and sub £400/month floats my boat at the moment so not going to get something just for the sake of it.