ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matts 1.2 Clio.

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Hey guys

Had my 51 plate clio for over a year and finally decided to start doing bits and bobs to it.

Im not intrested in getting a stupid full body kit with a spoiler or any of the non-sense , im looking for a sleek tidy look.

Just looking for some help on do's and donts really and any mods that could be done.

All advice and replies will be appreciated :) and any critisim i'll take on board

Already done -

Side Repeaters
New Dual Pipe Back Box
Brand New Headlights
Blue LED Side Lights
Phioneer Speakers
Head Unit
Good Clean

Whats next -

Back Windows Tinted
RS Grill
Alloys.. 16/17"
Lowered 30mm
H7 PHILIPS BLUE VISION ULTRA + 2XW5W XENON EFFECT
Blue or White LED Dash replacing the horrible Orange.
Colour coding the trim?

381674_10150465238996900_730701899_10859177_3639.jpg

313282_10150465140626900_730701899_10858747_1583.jpg

A slow blue one.
DO NOT get 17 inch alloys.

That is all.

+1

As for alloys play it safe, go for either 172/182 alloys if you want to change them.
After-market alloys can be tricky to get right, although there are some examples on here of non-sports with after market alloys that look brilliant a vast majority look gash imo.

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Im guessing clio's dont suit the 17s then :p i was realisticly looking for 16s however i wasnt to sure what 17s would be like..

Im not to sure on the 172/182 alloys on mine , i wouldnt mind some sort of mult-spoke charcol grey.. something like Oz Superturismo or Alessio Monzas in grey/black.

Listerine & Poledo
that's them.

if you must lower your car, then smaller rims will help retain ride quality

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Aye i only want to drop it about 30mm just so the arches dont have a big gap between the wheel and sits well.

Any ideas on where i can get someone to spray my exterior strips? i was quoted 200'od for the sides and front :dapprove: i was considering trying myself however i cant see that working out to well , saying that i have spare front moulds that i replaced due the previous owner enjoyed scraping them so i could give it a go on them.

ITB 428 Ph1
If I was you on a car that is already tidy, I would just colour code where possible, perhaps some cheap coileys or decent springs and a tidy set of 172 alloys and leave it ! You will only regret spending so much money trying to make it something it is not !

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Yeah im looking to buy an RS grill there going for around 50 quid at the moment, however with springs how low do you think i should go? 35mm seem okay? im not to sure about 60mm i dont want it real low, just enough to reduce the gap between the alloys and arches?

Cheers.

ITB 428 Ph1
IMO if you want a nice drop so it reduces the space between the arch and tyre a 40mm drop is perfect. It won't compromise ride quality but will make it look abit more aggressive and handle abit better at the same time. Anything lower than that you really should be looking at coileys.

I had a 1.4l 8v Clio sport for my first car and I had slammed on spax coileys with 16" alloys, I will post a pic up so you can see.

ITB 428 Ph1
Black clio is on spax rsx i think they were called and the silver is on v maxx, weird thing is the spax are better than the v maxx and ive got them on the more powerfull car

ITB 428 Ph1
Yes Apex are fine for what you want to achieve, eibach sportlines are highly thought of, I'm not sure wether or not they make them for your car but if I was you I would find out, also you can resell them on here quite easily if you decide too in the future. Yes I do like the wheels, i imagine it will look quite stealth like with black rims on

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Yes Apex are fine for what you want to achieve, eibach sportlines are highly thought of, I'm not sure wether or not they make them for your car but if I was you I would find out, also you can resell them on here quite easily if you decide too in the future. Yes I do like the wheels, i imagine it will look quite stealth like with black rims on

Thanks, okay i'll have a browse :) Yeah im hoping it will look pretty tidy if i can find another set closer or get a set and get them sprayed.
Should have my new speakers delivered soon rear drivers side one is naff , not my doing :eek:

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
UPDATE:

My new rear speakers came today so should be fitting them on the weekend..
Pretty sure these will sound considerably better than my broken ones :D

388662_10150470785766900_730701899_10873801_7051.jpg

Going to be heading down the scrappies to hunt for some Clio sport bits and bobs too.

Cheers.

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Hi guys ,

Quick update found a cheap new badge on ebay for a tenner in smoked black and bought it :).

Got by eyes on a set of Speedline Turini's however they need a referb but im waiting to see if they'll drop the price.

Any comments and possible mods that are cheap i can do?

Cheers.

381136_10150488109636900_730701899_10933178_1971.jpg

Monaco 172
1*2 grill perhaps... always a good mod. turini's arw a good option too. never did like those 1.2 alloys. Cup spoiler is also a good idea m8ty

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Yea im looking for a cheap RS Grill still.. scrappys didnt have one.. cup spoiler? didnt think of that.