ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Max camber with camber bolts

Got my car booked in at Blink motorsport to have more of a track setup put on the car, Im wanting to run -3 degrees camber on the front (currently running -1.5)

However Im wondering if it is a waste of time paying for the geo setup as I know there is a limit to how much neg camber the bolts can provide.

My car is on cooksport springs, with eibach camber bolts.

If im only going to gain half a degree or so, Im tempted to cancel the geo setup and wait till ive got coilovers.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I can get over 5 degrees camber with camber bolts, although alot of my suspension isn't standard. AST's (with top mounts), RC kit etc

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
Ahh right, weird. Should be no way you could get -5 degrees of camber with just the bolts alone.
I can get 4.5deg with my asts and I don't have camber bolts. That's with pure motorsport fixed top mounts. I could probably get 5deg but the tyre touches the coilover

Found that my front camber was already maxed out at -2.25 degrees :pensive: Not sure what my options are for being able to run more?

Wondering if it will help when I get coilovers fitted as the car will be sitting lower? Or is there anything else I can fit? Don't fancy paying a grand for PMS fully adjustable wishbones :neutral:

Clio 172 Merc ML55
You could go with adjustable wishbone bushes from powerflex, but they are expensive and only give an extra 3/4 of a degree camber

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Old thread bump...I have camber bolts fitted, the washer tab is at 3oclock position looking forward and have .50 a degree, I've been told they can't get more camber upfront, fitted with b14's and pms top mounts, all bushes/joints are new also, any ideas why we can't get to -1..5 camber?