ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

may I fit a 182 cat?

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
Hi guys! another (hope not too silly) question!
If you had read my project thread you'll already know I'm about to fit a 172 exhaust manifoldto my car.. if not, now you know.
some days ago I was unbolting some parts in my bay to check for clearances etc.. the 172 manifold is way bigger than my oem one but the bigger problem is the cat pipe with the flange too near the engine giving me almost no room for the new manifold.
obviously, shortening the cat pipe isn't a problem but because i'm already in this thing i was thinking about replacing the cat with a 182 oem one, which has bigger inlet diameter, it's 200 metal. so would be good.
I can tig weld new pipes with ease so fit it is not a problem.
What you think bout it? pro and cons? my car got a straight pipe (bigger in diameter from stock) from cat to backbox and the backbox is a inoxcar built by spec.

in the future there will be cams etc ..

P.S. I DON'T WANNA RUN A DECAT :)

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
so why not fit a 182 manifold then no additional welding would be needed?
:D hehe because I already have a 172 one ready! :) plus I want to try the 4in1

st3ve i don't know in uk but here if you remove the cat you can go in serious legal troubles. other than that i still have the stock ecu so the lambda n.2 sure will be angry smelling no catalized exhaust gases

Evo 8 MR
:D hehe because I already have a 172 one ready! :) plus I want to try the 4in1

st3ve i don't know in uk but here if you remove the cat you can go in serious legal troubles. other than that i still have the stock ecu so the lambda n.2 sure will be angry smelling no catalized exhaust gases

All you do is cable tie the sensor out of the way and put a bolt in it's place. You can get into trouble over here too but you're unlikely to get found out.

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
:) i know... and in the future maybe i'll try it too! i love welding and i can get some pipes for free too.. so why not try? i think i'll do something to keep the cat intact, so i'll can switch to a 182 manifold with no hassle :9

@st3ve I know it's difficult but don't wanna risk for such a difference.. thank you anyway for the advice! :)