ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mazda 6 Tourer

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Probably not of interest to many on here, after all its no RS4 Avant, but its still one of the best looking estate cars you can buy today in my opinion.

I've had this for coming up to 2 months now and covered around 7k in it. Its a company car and my requirements were low emissions, space for kids and luggage, well equipped but still with a bit of poke and fun. My employers gave me a budget and a limit on age and mileage. I'd initially looked into Mondeo's and test drove a Titanium X Sport (163bhp version) but I'd had a Mondeo for 2 years and this was much of the same but on 19s it rode horrendously. I then looked at Passat's and top of the range Executives were in budget, but dull dull dull and only 140bhp. I then spied this Mazda within budget and knew it was the car for me.

This is the 2.2D SE-L Nav version with all the toys you'd expect, cruise, climate, front/rear parking, electric wing mirrors, keyless, smart braking etc etc etc. With emissions barely higher then a Prius, it falls into a very low company car tax bracket, VED would be £20 to put into perspective how low the emissions are. Even with low emissions it still has nearly 300ft/lb torque though and due to a twin scroll turbo, picks up from very low down. MPG wise I've seen 65mpg best on a 140 mile motorway run, typically though around 50-55mpg, pretty impressive for a big car.

Anyway, few pictures.

0_zps17e7746d.jpg

01_zps72a1d246.jpg

IMG_3864_zpsca0mse5q.jpg

IMG_3865_zpsyxesa13e.jpg

IMG_3868_zpsly17tnv4.jpg

IMG_2660_zpsa256d0d9.jpg

IMG_2661_zps67f485d4.jpg

IMG_2662_zps0d5ac937.jpg

IMG_2663_zps959e55bc.jpg

Suzuki Jimny
Very nice, we've got 8 of them as company cars, all in red.

The two managers went for the sporty versions with the larger wheels, such a nice colour!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Good choice! I've said on here before that we had one of the previous gen 2.2 diesel saloons at work and it was my preferred choice if I needed to go anywhere.

A great mile muncher. Loads of spec and a very good engine across the rev range. It was that car that got me into MPS appreciation. :)