ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

l33th3tr33's 172 cup

Arctic 182
That's a lovely pic mate, it looks great! May I ask what you've done with your door strips & bullets? The strips don't appear to be matt like mine!

That's a lovely pic mate, it looks great! May I ask what you've done with your door strips & bullets? The strips don't appear to be matt like mine!

Sorry, I hadn't seen your reply, I haven't done anything to the strips, they're matt. I'm going to get them laquered at some point to blend them in a bit better, and as for the bullets, I just gave them a blast with some silver paint and went over the lettering with a small paintbrush. They're still purple for the time being but I'll be redoing them black when I get the chance.

So since the last update I've swapped the eibachs for cooksports (what a difference!), replaced a front shock, changed the throttle body, did the burpspeed mod to bring the gearstick closer and got some carbon rear door cards.
The gearbox is dying so that needs to get rebuilt asap, and the immobiliser kicking in has come and gone, nothing detected by clip, which is odd but it did throw up a throttle body fault. While not starting one day I poked my head under the bonnet and the throttle body was buzzing like mad so I hit it with a spanner and it stopped, and then it turned over first try so that's why it got changed.

Here's some recent pics.

13014120765_634078c764_c.jpg

14000592288_44215d3b16_c.jpg

14164078226_f960e2a0aa_c.jpg

13964907510_b64a046a28_c.jpg

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Yeh nice photos. Might steal the locations ;) and looks like ferry port, just down from the car park.

Didnt know you were running cooksports now, must say felt comfortable but not jarring.

Car looking good mate. What's this burspeed mod I'm sure I read something about it a while ago moving the gear stick back ? Didn't see how it's done tho.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Yep, had them for about a month now I think, WAY better than eibachs. Get your car down and get some pics!

Ah right, I haven't got a clue if I'm not in torquay lol

It's coming. Will be around Friday Saturday Sunday next week if there's anything being organised. Might put a few feelers out and see.

Ah yes Torquay, that means you know dogging sites instead :p

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Car looking good mate. What's this burspeed mod I'm sure I read something about it a while ago moving the gear stick back ? Didn't see how it's done tho.

Cutting down the linkage to make it shorter, which makes the gearstick lean back towards the rear of the car more. There's only a certain amount you can cut off though, can't remember the exact figure.

It's coming. Will be around Friday Saturday Sunday next week if there's anything being organised. Might put a few feelers out and see.

Plymouth meet. Definitely.

You need to cut the gear linkage down, no more than 25mm but I cut 17mm off and it's perfect.

Good man, it's about time! And dogging goes further than torquay lol

Cutting down the linkage to make it shorter, which makes the gearstick lean back towards the rear of the car more. There's only a certain amount you can cut off though, can't remember the exact figure.

Plymouth meet. Definitely.

Yeah sounds good, we'll have to go to the royal William place, there's loads of good spots.

RIP. Hit a deer on the way home from work, repaired the damage and found out the box was pissing out oil so it's getting scrapped. Engine is strong so I'll be keeping that for a winter project.
2d5c371c4ea6f6d789fb8bc08d277de0.jpg
d94870667b597c82278ae35ee57a0f09.jpg

Lol @ taking the deer back for dinner, unfortunately this one was a full size bugger.

Still, I drove it back home the remaining 15 miles, and it didn't skip a beat. (until I fixed it and it shat itself)