ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mazda RX8 Enhancement Attempt.....

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
So for Christmas the Girlfriend told her Brother I'd detail his car, He loves it being clean but is definitely not into detailing at all.

Car came to me relatively clean except for a few areas.

012.jpg

013.jpg

As you can see no protection on the car at all

016.jpg

020.jpg

Weather restricted my photos so sorry about that.

Wheels washed with WWHW then treated to a good soaking with Iron X

022.jpg

This is where I skip a load of work :dapprove:

Car washed with AF Lather, Tar removed with tardis and fallout treated to with AF Iron Out, Clayed using the G3 Farcela clay mitt.

Car was the dried and gone over with AF Rejuvenate leaving a nice smooth clean surface.

It then rained so I had to change my plans and wait for Marcus to finish work to get into their barn/workshop to continue with the work, This meant a 4 mile drive along wet muddy roads.

Pulled in to the barn and sprayed down with plenty of water and dried off again.

Leaving a nice base

025.jpg

I then thought I'd try out my DA as I'd not used it yet, Went with Poorboys Blackhole on a CG Black Hexlogic pad.

I was happy with the results as was he, Decided to carry on as light was fading and the lighting is not brilliant in there.

026.jpg

029.jpg

Still plenty of swirls and RDS but it was just meant to be a thorough clean so using the DA was an added bonus for him

033.jpg

Finished off with Capture the Rapture and wipedown with AF Finale, Tyres treated as always to Megs Endurance, Glass with AF Crystal and Plastics with AF Revive, I had also cleaned the exhausts right up with Wire Wool and Autosol.

Not the best pics as I'm s**t with my camera, I was rushing and very hungry.

034.jpg

037.jpg

042.jpg

040.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

Results are not perfect the pics are far from decent but thanks for reading, I will try and give it a freshen up at some pint and try and get some sunny daytime pics :)

Cheers
Andy.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Looks loads better, arches could have done with a clean and dressing.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Looks really good that. Was going to comment on the dirty arches, but assume that was from the drive!

Last edited:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys... I had scrubbed the arches whilst on my driveway but yes the drive trough the country roads buggered that up, had Dressle in my kit bag ready for the archliners but they were too dirty once we got it in the dry, Something for another day :)

Looks good, Andy - but that thing is a state! Needs a good couple of days spending on it, so what you did in that limited time was excellent!!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers folks..... He's on about selling it once he completes his Land Rover build that you can just make out in some pics but if he keeps it I'll no doubt spend a few days on it trying to get it to a much better standard.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like a great job for the time spent on it, bet he was chuffed.

He was very happy, To be fair he was amazed at the finish after AF Rejuvenate so anything over that was a massive bonus in his eyes.

looks great!

It's made me want to book off a few days and get to work on mine as I'd say my paint is probably just as bad as his :(

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Lather I've been using for the past 12 months and like it, It's V1 and running low so will no doubt buy V2 of it once it's gone,
I've only used Rejuvenate a couple of times now and it is quickly becoming a favourite if mine, Used it on my Fathers old tired Volvo and loved the results

muze7a5u.jpg