ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MBP 15" Battery Life

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
How long are peoples batteries lasting on their MBP's?

My old 13" MB used to last 4-5 hours, usually closer to 5.

I'm using my new MBP, same usage, same brightness, only difference is its 15" but the battery is only lasting 3-4 hours at most but usually 3.

The battery is significantly bigger so I wasn't expecting such a decrease in life.

Will they do anything about it at the genius' being a battery issue?

Also, here are my stats from my old MB compared to my new MBP, I treat them both the same, usually fully charging and fully discharging each use.

4663498691_3083f962e5.jpg

5118577592_fa5d12e6bf.jpg

The MBP is about 3/4 months old now as i know batterys aren't often covered for the full warranty.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
my mbp battery is rubbish! it will have full charge if i disconnect the mains power and use it on battery power then it gets to about 80 something % the mac just turns off... need to get on to apple as i have extended apple care... will see what they say.

LY 182
Is it normal for your current battery level to be higher than the original battery level? (As per the 1st pic)

DMS

A thirsty 172
My 15" 2010 MBP's battery often lasts me 6 to 7 hours of typical use. I could probably eek a fair bit more out of it too if I was to crank down the brightness, turn off the keyboard backlight, turn off Wi-Fi etc. I turn off Bluetooth because it's very rare I use it, but other than that I let the OS manage the power settings. I think it helps that I have an SSD too, as they should use less juice than a regular HDD with moving parts.

SchwepTek™
My 15" MBP 2010 sometimes says 9-10hours if i turn brightness down but i never get anywhere near that.
My previous 13" seemed better too.
In fact my 13 seemed quicker than this slow i5 piece of s**t lol.
Sorry....im not happy with mine at the moment...

182 Trophy 019/500
my mbp battery is rubbish! it will have full charge if i disconnect the mains power and use it on battery power then it gets to about 80 something % the mac just turns off... need to get on to apple as i have extended apple care... will see what they say.
Battery has probably had it. Mine did a similar thing, new battery resolved it. I now make sure I run it so it turns off each time before charging and avoid using for long periods plugged into the mains.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Rang apple support and they said as its so new the genius' should just swap out the battery.

Just need to find time to go now, was going to go tonight but no appointments available for 3 days!

Go cry to your momma!
I've got the 15" i5 now and the battery life's pretty poor..

A mate has the 2009 C2D 15" and his battery life is far better. Strange as he's running a mechanical HDD and I have an SSD.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
My battery was screwed after 9 months and the apples store said they wouldn't replace it as it had gone through more than 1000 cycles I think they said ( I cannot remember the exact number, it could have been 3000 cycles?). Anyway, I tried to reason with them to no avail. Got home and rang their customer services, had a brand spanking battery sent out to me and it arrived the next day. Awesome :star:

Flash will rinse your battery too. I've found that any flash content SRS reduces potential battery life.

Last edited: