ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MBP Taking 2 attempts to start up.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I have a late 2011 MBP. Running 10.7.2.

Basically, it spends most of it's time with the lid closed in sleep mode or w/e you call it. But every now and then it needs a restart as it starts running a bit... iffy. Mainly loading web pages, or opening programs like Photoshop (as that's what it spends most it's time doing). And that's fine, I kinda expect that. But what I don't like is staring at this screen:

tumblr_lzx038EZTx1qgdf4zo1_500.png

First time round, it just sits there twirling away in a smug twirly sort of way. I usually give it about 10 mins or so before just switching it off and on again. Second time round it takes about 1-2mins and does start up. Which is still a bit steep, my late 2008 Aluminium Macbook still starts faster than that, and that has a f**ked HD!

So whats the issue?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is slow to start up too, I put it down to not doing a fresh lion install.

Might aswell wait for mountain lion before doing that now, since it rarely gets rebooted.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I haven't even installed any OS since I got it. It's running what it came with. I put it down to it being a queer.