ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MBP Updates today.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Maybe time for the MacBook Pro updates, iPad release pricing and info or perhaps both?

The 13-inchers are sticking with Core 2 Duo, but the 15.4-inch and 17-inch models are now Core i5 and Core i7 through and through. The higher end models are nabbing NVIDIA's GeForce GT 330M graphics with Optimus switching (though Apple just calls it "automatic graphics switching technology"), while the 13-incher get NVIDIA GeForce 320M scraps.

Last edited by a moderator:
  14' Leon Cupra 280
Re: Apple Store Down

Yeh I heard the 13th was for MBP in US...didn't think it was here too. Fingers crossed

Citroen DS3 DSport

The US store is also down so it looks likely it is for the MBP updates.

Titanium 182

I was waiting then I bought a new car. Balls.
I'll get one later haha.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I agree but I would like UK iPad info as I have no interest in the new MBPs as I only bought one last June.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I doubt the 13" MBP will get a stunning update that convinces me I must sell my existing model for the new one.

If it is, I'll be ordering.. Been waiting for this for a while now. Will probably just be the iPad prices no?

DMS

A thirsty 172
Apple UK website is still listing the old specs. Hopefully they will release the new ones today though, I've been holding off buying one for ages because they were due an update.

DMS

A thirsty 172
So what are the differences (apart from the price)?

Intel Core i5 and i7 processors (quad core).
All models come with 4GB memory as standard.
Larger hard drives as standard.
Quoted 8 - 9 hour battery life. Old MBP was quoted at 7 hours.
Different graphics chipset - Switchable between Intel HD graphics and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with 256mb or 512mb memory.

See http://www.apple.com/uk/macbookpro/specs.html

Looks like the bank card will be getting a battering tonight...

DMS

A thirsty 172
Personally, if I already had an MBP I wouldn't bother upgrading either.
However, I've been intending to buy one for a few months now and because I didn't need one desperately and knew the revised specs were on the horizon I chose to wait it out.

I shall be ordering a 15" one later as a reward for being patient for once in my life :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
The 15/17" both look worthy of upgrading as they have a nice processor performance jump, the 13" upgrade is not so impressive considering it's now £100 more than this time last year.

Personally, if I already had an MBP I wouldn't bother upgrading either.
However, I've been intending to buy one for a few months now and because I didn't need one desperately and knew the revised specs were on the horizon I chose to wait it out.

I shall be ordering a 15" one later as a reward for being patient for once in my life :)

I'm the same, tbh I was hoping for something a bit more exciting. Might go for a 27" iMac instead!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The 15/17" both look worthy of upgrading as they have a nice processor performance jump, the 13" upgrade is not so impressive considering it's now £100 more than this time last year.

£250 more than i paid for mine. LOL!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
glad i bought mine when i did tbh considering the price hikes.

SchwepTek™
Defo upgrading to a new 15".

Can't decide between the 2.4 and 2.5 i5s tho.

Not gonna be much difference between the 2 is there?

Yeah I got my 15" 2.8ghz dual core with 4gb of ram MBP about 2 months ago

Not worth upgrading - the quad core processors are ok - but mines not skipped a beat so far and it gets a right hammering with mysql/php/firefox/aperture/photoshop etc.. opened all day every day

Titanium 182
Gonna get the 15" i5 and upgrade the ram myself. Think I'll spec the best res screen possible though. £1700 ish without discount. I have a mate who's at uni I could get to order it for me, how much % is the uni discount ?

Titanium 182
20% would be sweet, have a feeling 15% is correct though.

If you get it through a uni do you get applecare free too ?