ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

McLaren P1 vs Castle Combe

Suzuki Jimny
How on earth did they get clear roads up in the mountains? I'm always stuck behind a micra doing 10mph on those roads!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Great little video thanks for posting.

Did I hear right,10 seconds quicker lap time than the Veyron SS...?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The car has gps logging as standard I would expect so it's not possible for them to not time it surely?

Mind you they won't release a ring time either. Clearly it's slower than the Porsche and they don't want anyone to be able to prove it!

losing a lot of respect for mclaren that they won't just stand by their product. It's an awesome car even if it is a bit slower than the Porsche so I don't see why all the pathetic secrecy.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Mind you they won't release a ring time either. Clearly it's slower than the Porsche and they don't want anyone to be able to prove it!

losing a lot of respect for mclaren that they won't just stand by their product. It's an awesome car even if it is a bit slower than the Porsche so I don't see why all the pathetic secrecy.

You could argue they've got a lot more publicity by NOT releasing a time ;)

I'm also under the impression that it went round quite a bit quicker than the 918.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You could argue they've got a lot more publicity by NOT releasing a time ;)

I'm also under the impression that it went round quite a bit quicker than the 918.

If you are a vacuous "celebrity" like Katie price I believe in the "no such thing as bad publicity" but I'm not convinced the same is true of a car tbh.

Porsche have proudly published the 918 ring time of 6:57. I can't think of any valid reason really for mclaren to not publish if their time was 6:56 or lower!

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
I'm quite glad they haven't published an official lap time for the ring. Pretty bored of how manufacturers now use the ring as a marketing ploy or even a branded model like vauxhall has with Astras and Corsas. It means feck all really because it might do xx min xx sec around the ring but be utter shite along the Old Northampton to Banbury rd which is my local play road. Seems a little bit more grown up to me. I can understand it from a comparative point of veiw wanting it but that only really works when the two cars are side by side or driven by the same bloke on the same day.
I have a feeling the McLaren is a tad faster than the Porsche. All the reviews I've seen state how completly predictable the P1 is. Something that means a lot when piloting 900 odd hp. Maybe the La Ferrari is on par with both but what happens when the typical thing happens and a bright spark fiddles with maps and boost pressures........bye bye Ferrari.

172, Tiguan
If you are a vacuous "celebrity" like Katie price I believe in the "no such thing as bad publicity" but I'm not convinced the same is true of a car tbh.

Porsche have proudly published the 918 ring time of 6:57. I can't think of any valid reason really for mclaren to not publish if their time was 6:56 or lower!

La Ferrari.

Combe wouldn't allow them to time it.

Presumably something to do with timing making it a competitive day (of which they have a limited allowance of) and then needing a safety set-up in place if that's the case...even single car sprints at Combe have safety marshals, recovery, medics etc.

Would still love to know how close it got to a one minute lap.

Checked with the circuit, timing restrictions nothing to do with them. Presumably McLaren are just very jumpy about lap times or it was an insurance issue.

330i. E30 Touring.
Wouldn't have thought timing round Combe was even considered tbh.

It's not as if it's a well known benchmark.