ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Me Twingo 133

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Gave the little terrior a clean up today. I intend on doing a more deep cleanse in the spring. For now, waterless wash ftw. The car has had no iron x, no clay.

Dj waterless wash
Micro prime
SN Spritz

The wax choice, my own! I've been toying with the idea of home brew wax. So, thought I'd have a play with what I already have & see what works & what doesn't.

My first wax didn't go as planned, 1 wax & 1 sealant which just didn't blend.

Then my second, made up of 3 well known waxes & 1 much loved sealant. All blended superbly & left to cure for 24 hours. Heres the outcome.

IMG_1314_zps6aec00e7.jpg

IMG_8060_zps0850f773.jpg

IMG_5342_zps9b5badf8.jpg

IMG_5125_zps12a76810.jpg

IMG_4245_zps5cf7d32b.jpg

IMG_0049_zps82f123db.jpg

IMG_3223_zpsb1c35c8e.jpg

IMG_3935_zpsc383417a.jpg

IMG_5185_zps6c9830f7.jpg

IMG_9308_zpsc6d83c17.jpg

IMG_7529_zps048ca3ec.jpg

IMG_8165_zps9a01d3ca.jpg

IMG_8049_zps5a1f2b3c.jpg

Im quite pleased with the results, now rain! :approve:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Did you melt the waxes Dawn? I always thought it would affect their performance. I've been planning similar for a while.

If a Twingo can look great then yours definitely does!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Yes I scraped the wax with a blade rather than spooning. Added the sealant in the jug first, then added the waxes. Took around 12 minutes for it all to melt. Kept stirring a further 5 mins & poured.

Ive heard stories that the melting can actually weaken the properties in the wax but if you dont try then you dont know! Can't wait for rain! :)

cheers all

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looks lovely and clean! I'm sure this car will bring me round to the facelift'd RS133.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yes I scraped the wax with a blade rather than spooning. Added the sealant in the jug first, then added the waxes. Took around 12 minutes for it all to melt. Kept stirring a further 5 mins & poured.

Ive heard stories that the melting can actually weaken the properties in the wax but if you dont try then you dont know! Can't wait for rain! :)

cheers all

My plan was to scoop them out and just mix them all that way. :eek: No melting. I'll have to speak to Dom again!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Lovely car, but they way past left feild with placing hose foglights! Really throws out what could be an awesome front end.

What wax / sealants did you throw into the pot?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Looks brilliant. Be sure to post some pictures up when it rains!

I might give the wax mixing idea a go!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Cheers! I couldn't possibly tell of my ingrediants yet. If its rubbish, i'll spill! :p

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Pah did the homebrew kit back in september last year & sold it on

zaino yes :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
The front end is really starting to grow on me now. Makes the previous shape look really dated. That said the back end is still hideous.

Other than that the car looks really clean Dawn. Very nice.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Judging by the colour of that and what Dawn had in her shopping trolley the other day, I'd say that's made up of ear wax, part scented candle and some Mr Muscle.

Still looks fugly though.

[PS: Get a proper membership woman !]

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
Looks lovely but still don't like the front end.

Be careful with your wheels. I managed to kerb every bloody one of them with my old twingo, the tyres give no protection at all.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Flol gimme chance Robert, it only ran out friday! :p

lol yup i caught the rear wheel ever so slightly the other day. :(

will be trying out the carpro fly by kit on the glass this week

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Many thanks, she's only on 715 miles atm. Soon as she hits 1000 I'll really try her out :)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
That looks fantastic!

When you say home brew, what do you mean exactly? You mixed different things together and it turned into a wax?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Many thanks, she's only on 715 miles atm. Soon as she hits 1000 I'll really try her out :)

Ohhh sod that. Get it warm and get it raped around Bedford in a fortnights time :evil:

Fannying about polishing the cylinder walls won't do it a bean of goodness.

Give it hell !!

Saw one of these in white the other day and I can honnestly say I think it looked great!

Really growing on me.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Quite surprised to see you used Zaino in it Dawn, I'm doing something similar with the elite waxes and though of Zaino but with it being a liquid I didn't think it would work.

clio 182 black /gold
Hey Dawn you should be banned from this forum for posting up way too many shinny pictures. Looking good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.