ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mechanically standard RS Clio?

Listerine & Poledo
So, who's actually managed to resist the peer pressure and kept the mechanics of their RS as Renault intended?

2016 Audi RS3
I have, with the exception of a stainless exhaust custom made to the original 172 Cup format (i.e. single downturned hidden tailpipe). Have owned the car for 4.5 years now.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
PH1 RS still with it's bumpers and spoiler it left the factory with so that's gotta count for something :p

95% standard as it has clear side repeaters lol

Listerine & Poledo
thumb_like-button-f3597df1c0.jpeg

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
This thread is for OEM-spec car owners though. Yours isn't.

isnt an exhaust a "lifed" item or a wear and tear item? just like brakes and tyres?

in that case do you have the original make tyres brake disks/pads, spark plugs, oils?

if your going to be picky ;)

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Mine does have the original make and model tyres, yes. And proper OEM Renault Dics and Pads, spark plugs and has only ever run Elf its entire life.

Doesn't even have the uprated Dogbone engine mount, when it needs doing I'll replace it with a OEM Renault part.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Wish i hadnt bothered with a stainless exhaust... Its annoying me now

Listerine & Poledo
isnt an exhaust a "lifed" item or a wear and tear item? just like brakes and tyres?

in that case do you have the original make tyres brake disks/pads, spark plugs, oils?

if your going to be picky ;)

Getting a stainless exhaust purely for "longevity" is as weak an excuse as "oops, sorry I slipped".

Listerine & Poledo
Only because you have them Goodj. :rasp:

As far as I'm concerned they aren't.

Check the thread title sir ;)

I've already pleaded my case for the (admittedly, poor taste) stripes. I should have just got the garage to remove them in the first place, I did bad.

2016 Audi RS3
Mine does have the original make and model tyres, yes. And proper OEM Renault Dics and Pads, spark plugs and has only ever run Elf its entire life.

Doesn't even have the uprated Dogbone engine mount, when it needs doing I'll replace it with a OEM Renault part.

Oh ok, so maybe mine isn't strictly OEM :(

Presumably you've owned your car from new to be confident that it consists of only OEM parts?

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Mine is. Picked it up brand new from Renault nearly 7.5 years ago now. It's even still on it's original rear tires!