ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meet/Drive 2nd July - whos interested?

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
I thought I would post this up due to the amount of interest that the large scottish meet generated. It was unfortunate that nothing came from it so I came up with this.

I'm not going to mention any roads as of yet but here is a rough idea of what I have in mind. Meet at Stirling and head to Balloch (glasgow lot could meet us there at the loch lomond car parks) then head for a drive out by the loch and over the hills. Either a lunch stop at the "green wellie" shop/cafe at Tyndrum or at Callander. Another little run through the hills (yet to be driven to see what its like) then back to Stirling. PM's of the route will be sent out nearer the time to each individual. I'm sure people who know the area will know the roads. From stirling to stirling the distance will be around 130 miles give or take.

There will be plenty oppertunities for photos and some nice roads for us to stretch our legs and have a little fun on. I have been on similar meet/drives on other owners clubs and these proved to be enjoyable and a bit better than sitting in a car park.

This is not an oppertunity for ball bags to turn up and drive like hooligans!

This is obviously open to all and non renaults are welcome, the more the merrier etc.

Stick your names below if you are interested.

Cheers

Alan

Last edited:

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
1.Martin_172 (im drivin like a bawbag tho)
2.Clio_stu

2.Clio_stu
3.Jay (depends on work)
4. JCC

Can't really say no to a meet that starts ten mins from me!

FF Clio 182 Silver
2.Clio_stu
3.Jay (depends on work)
4. Trev ( im just a bawbag in general )

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Id say around 10am at stirling and 11am if you are arriving at balloch? Times are felxible at the moment if anyone has preferences.

2.Clio_stu
3.Jay (depends on work)
4. Trev ( im just a bawbag in general )
5. Dm_26 (Dis'Astra Coupe)

2.Clio_stu
3.Jay (depends on work)
4. JCC
5. Trev ( im just a bawbag in general who cuts people out the list ;) )
6. Dm_26 (Dis'Astra Coupe)

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
LOL^

Numbers are coming along good! I'll get a final route planned in the next 2 weeks and pm everyone.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
I went out to have a look/try one of the roads today along the side of loch long. Its an amazing little road but its a tight one, takes a fair bit of concentration and if your not careful coming over little sharp crests getting airborne might be an issue! Much better than going along the side of loch lomond though! Just one more road to try at the stirling end and i'll get a final route made. Any suggestions are welcome btw!

BMW E36 328i Sport
2.Clio_stu
3.Jay (depends on work)
4. JCC
5. Trev ( im just a bawbag in general who cuts people out the list )
7. Stu_182 (trying to avoid fields)

Might as well head along.

FF Clio 182 Silver
2.Clio_stu
3.Jay (depends on work)
4. JCC

Might as well head along.

start a convoy from edinburgh??

Monaco
I'm in

2.Clio_stu
3.Jay (depends on work)
4. JCC
8.jacfm

Services would probably be the best idea for people from further away to find the starting point.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
services sounds good. If there is anyone coming from the glasgow direction they could meet us at balloch McD's.

Can you get a google map of the rough route that is planned?

I'll probably be joining in at Balloch McD's since I'm only just over the Erskine Bridge from there.

GW200 FF
anyone going on this meet needing a brand new genuine cup splitter? I live in alloa and recently sold my 182, but still have the splitter. If anyone going on the run wants it pm me and i'll meet you there.

I'll do a good price on it too ;)

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Ive sent a pm to everyone with a pic of the route. Like I've said before comments or ideas are welcome.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Weekend meets should always be a Sunday. Poor show Aldo!

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Im gutted im not going to make it. Been informed i have to work over the weekend and unfortunately I have no say in the matter. I had the time booked off as well! Get some photos for me!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
I'm now out guys :( Working the mora as i need the cash a bit more than a day out in the car! Have fun :)

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
another date would be spot on, it seemed to fall on its arse a bit. However someone mentioned the the yearly glenshee drive which is soon maybe?