ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megan engine in a 16v

Williams20V-306BHP
i have been offered a Megan engine and a 172 engine. Both quite cheep

but i no they won't fit straight in... can you put a williams rear cam in a megan head to use the dissy and williams ecu. can yuo do that on a the 172 engine...

i no you can use the 1.8 head but that defeets the object... lol

any ideas ;)

oh, ok, well i dont know how cheap you have been offered them for, but theres a megane 2.0 engine for sale in the car parts for sale section and iirc that is ready to go into a clio, oh and GDI will fit performance cams FOC

lol, well its up for £1700, but think he has only had a very low offer, worth sending him a pm. should keep in mind its been fully rebuilt

Williams20V-306BHP
well i can get an engine for £400... It aint gonna cost 1300 to re-build...

are they having a laugh. plus how is some1 gonna run it... £1700 is still way to expensive fitted!! even with cams

Lionel Richie
FlansS14 said:
i have been offered a Megan engine and a 172 engine. Both quite cheep

but i no they won't fit straight in... can you put a williams rear cam in a megan head to use the dissy and williams ecu. can yuo do that on a the 172 engine...

i no you can use the 1.8 head but that defeets the object... lol

any ideas ;)

i would go for a worked 16v head on the megane 2.0 bottom end

mat browns old hybrid was probably the quickest one ever

You will need a small bit of machine work to get the head to accept the dizzy. Can use the cam tho. Plus the megane head has bigger valves and is a better head than the 1.8. you will need to alter minor things to like the icv etc to get it to run. Speak to BenR on here or Stan cos hes done the conversion. Look on www.retro-renault.com