ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 225 exhaust help

172 cup, Impreza P1
I have a standard link pipe from a megane 225 that is 2.25" dia and so can only presume the whole system on a megane is the same. What is the maximum power you would get from the car on a standard turbo with an exhaust of this diameter?

Also, roughly what are the power levels of 2.5", 2.75" and 3" systems?

I'm not on meganesport or I would have looked but f anyone can help it would be appreciated?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Don't quote me on this but i think around 280 on standard.
But getting there without and exhaust is hard.
Also most of aftermarket stuff should be ok for 250 plus.
bearing in mind that 270-280 is the most you will get without a hybrid turbo

225 Cup & Williams
Yeah standard is supposedly good for around 280/290 as is the turbo in some cases but that's it's very limit.

Inferno 225 cup
Iirc 290 the standard exhaust can take, to get to 300 you'll need 2.75-3in system and decat, and from stock turbo 285 has been proven with itg induction kit.

It is possible to get 300 on the standard turbo:)

172 cup, Impreza P1
Reason for asking is to know if a 2.25" down pipe and 2.5" Decat system will get me to 300 or will the down pipe need to go to 2.5" as well?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Reason for asking is to know if a 2.25" down pipe and 2.5" Decat system will get me to 300 or will the down pipe need to go to 2.5" as well?

you're unlikely to get 300bhp without a bigger turbo. the biggest improvement you'll see with a good map is huge torque. You'll hit 300lb/ft before you get past 270bhp. At that point the car will be incredible.

if boxes are not restrictive, there's no reason you can't achieve 350 from a 2.5 inch system, a 2.75 or 3 inch would make it a little easier though

172 cup, Impreza P1
Currently I have a magane 225 setup using the the standard td04, milltek 2.75" down pipe standard megane 2.25" link pipe and a 2.5" yazza system on a Clio megane hybrid engine.

My new setup as it stands is a gt2860 turbo, log manifold, 2.25" down pipe, and then 2.5" Decat system.

So ton reach the magic 300 and possibly more in future, do I need to get rid of the 2.25" down pipe for a 2.5" one?

Last edited: