ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MEGANE 225 TEST DRIVE

Right! Ive been to 4 different Renault dealers this weekend who all have demo cars of the 225. I was looking for the Inferno one but guess what....all of them are given to the Sales Managers who have the weekends off!!! I was told that I could have a test drive through the week.

Now Im not much of a car salesman, but dont most people look for cars (and test drives) on a weekend?? I know it is a nice perk for the Managers but its a bit poor when I have the cash in my pocket and cant even get to look at the thing, let alone drive it!

Rant over!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Hey Moose. Im going next week too! I know where there is an INferno red one too... hehehe! :)

Must just have been us Northeners then!!! Tried Rotherham, Barnsley, Wakefield, Sheffield and Leeds and no 225s on site!

Still cant wait to see my first Inferno in the flesh

Lee

BMW M2C

I know exactly what you mean moose. When I was buying the 172 last year I called Renault Birmingham to try and get a test drive in the Cup they had as a demo. By the time they had bothered to return my call Id tried a CTR and purchased the Clio from somewhere else.

Even when I told them over the phone I was going to buy a car that day and pay cash they still wouldnt give me a test drive as they dont like doing that on Saturdays. Every other dealer in the area either didnt have a 172 as a demo or one of the sales guys had gone home.

At least when I ordered the 182 I got good service. When the test drive came up I just said "no thank, I just want to buy one". He was extremely helpful after that.

Renault Birmingham have a Black 225 as there demo, and a grey V6 on order.

182, GTR, C63

Id like a go in the magane just to see wot the engines like. I havent heard amazing things about handling but its all personal preference so the mags arent always right.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

cool, tell me exactly how it goes so that i can report back to my mate who wants one.

btw, wot is the next engine size down? and how fast is it, coz hes 19 so ins on the 225 wud b a bit steep.

Quote: Originally posted by S2 PTH on 21 June 2004

cool, tell me exactly how it goes so that i can report back to my mate who wants one.

btw, wot is the next engine size down? and how fast is it, coz hes 19 so ins on the 225 wud b a bit steep.
2.0l 136bhp then 1.6l 116bhp. Why not try looking at Renaults website if you want that sort of information?

Youd think theyd put the 2.0 182 bhp in the Megane as well, as a sort of warm hatch, cos I doubt the 136bhp 2.0 is much cop in the Megane as its a bigger car.

H22A7 Accord Type R

mooooose.............. Sunwin Reno garage in halifax had a black one a couple of weeks ago :)

GTiR 394bhp

Quote: Originally posted by Moose1978 on 20 June 2004

Must just have been us Northeners then!!! Tried Rotherham, Barnsley, Wakefield, Sheffield and Leeds and no 225s on site!

Still cant wait to see my first Inferno in the flesh

Try Lambs in Chesterfield

[Edited by skiddusmarkus on 21 June 2004 at 6:56pm]