ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane coupe wide arch kit?

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Hi all
It's my brothers car and as he's been watching chop shop lately he wanted to do something wide arch related for it. The car it self is a 1.6 16v and due to him having a bad history with his licence he can't afford the insurance for something with a big engine (has had 1.0/1.2/1.4 until now) but wanted a little bit more power this time.

His current car is a nissan sunny 1.4 with full genuine pulsar kit in vw orange and a few black bits. (Will get pic)
So back to this megane, he doesn't need it until march (insurance renewal) so he'll use this time to tidy it up and do any necessary work to it but yesterday while over the garage he sprung the surprise on me that i have to do a wide arch for him :(, least to say i wasn't happy as i already have my 182 project that i should be getting on with.

Anyway i set to work with cardboard and used my dimma wheels to get a idea of what it would look like and out of the many ideas i had this is what we both agreed on looks best.

Other than the "maxi" fibreglass kits is there a similar metal kit available?
What do you guys think?

C29B466F-5440-4097-90DC-8AFA3F593184-3232-0000070A7D7AC171.gif

76760AAB-CF3E-4018-8CE8-20375316F624-3232-0000070A835BEA00.gif

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
You can get an Elia kit. It's fibreglass though as is the maxi replica kit iirc.

edit: is that kingys old car? Recognise the wheels in the background

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Don't think there are any metal kits available tbh.

cant remember if kingys car had a black roof, just recognise the wheels.

​in all honesty, I wouldn't bother lol

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Yeah i wasn't looking forward to it, imo its going to be more hassle than its worth tbh.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It is, both the maxi and Elia kits need new inner arches made, track extention, lowering

​its a lot of work for a look that's quite outdated now. Having said that a maxi does look awesome!