ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

megane f1 engine into 182

Arctic 182 + yozza
sorry if it's been covered previously.

i may been able to obtain a megane f1 engine/gearbox and all relevant parts all in one piece at a decent price.

i was just wondering is it a viable swap? i.e does it fit? has anyone done it already?

matt

Arctic 182 + yozza
yer kinda missing the question.

i can get an engine and all the parts cheaper than a turbo.

i want to know whether it's a viable swap, can it be done basically?

Rusty Cup
it should be possible baring in mind there is a twingo with a megane 225 lump in, but by no means drop in and go, for the hastle versus gains might aswell go down the turboing current lump route.

There are probably good reasons why this doesnt get done all the time, i believe the gearbox is one of these issues.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Engine fits, but the 'box doesn't.

You can't use a 182 'box either, since the bolt spacings are different, amongst other things. You'd need a shim making up and all sorts of re-engineering.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Right I recently had a helping hand in something that might interest you, basically a friend was in a similar situation to yourself and wanted megane power in his clio he had a megane engine so I gave him a spare F4R block I had. After a bit of head scratching we decided the best approach would be to strip the Megane engine and put the crank, rods, pistons, etc..... into the clio block then he simply dropped it into his clio along with a jc5 box, there were a few bit's that needed maching but it was a total success, I went out in it last weekend and it was an absolute blast. More budget tuning for those that love it :)

Steve

Arctic 182 + yozza
so it is do-able.

i can effectively get the whole front end off a meggy f1, all in perfect working order with only 9,000 miles on the clock for 2k.