ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane R26 gearbox oil

Just after a bit of information ,

what oil is recommended and how much? As they have a LSD, heard your best using fully synthetic 75w-80s ?

I also heard renault changed it due to cold selection problems ? Any help/advice please lol

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I had mine done recently and swapped to the Motul stuff people were recommending but I'm not a fan, as you say it's a bit notchy when cold, something it didn't do before I swapped it.

Problem is I don't know what was in when I bought it!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Seems mine is the only one that doesn't like the Motul stuff!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
On the TLX/PKX/NDX boxes I use TransELF 'NFJ' only and haven't had issues.

Others are cheaper and *supposedly* better but if you stick to what the book says you can't go wrong.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
As Gray said, ask @oilman at Opie Oils on here.

He was great sorting a very specific grade of gearbox oil for my gripper diff in the clio.

Just seen micks post above, if it's not plated then it's less of a concern I believe. You still want a decent oil though.

My post #7 must have been invisible :p

Hahaha sorry it was last night :/ cheers mate

Yep! It's not a plated diff like the Gripper so doesn't *really* need anything special. Just put a GL4/GL4+ in, stop mincing about and driver the fookaz wheels off.

Hahaha cheers ;) ill take that advice !! Lol

It does, but plenty of people use it and haven't experienced any problems on their r26.

Maybe ask Opie Oils what they would recommend?

ill see how I get on with standard stuff and see if not I'll message them I think !