ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane remote brake fluid reservoir

Commie VID

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise 111S, Model 3
Hi all,
Have seen a few threads where some people have used a brake fluid reservoir from a Megane to move it across the engine bay.
Looks a damn sight better located than its current position, which I can see is already dirty enough to make checking levels difficult, let along the idea of bleeding the fluid. I foresee lots of mess, with something that can eat paintwork happily.
Just want it either higher or simply somewhere where it can be seen and used.
Those that have done it with a straight swap with the Megane have also changed the PAS to an electric one, so my first thought is whether the reservoir fits between the standard PAS reservoir and coolant tank, or would some sort of bracket need fabricating to wedge it somewhere around there.
Others have tucked it in the scuttle panel, which implies removal of whatever is there, I think something to do with the heater, cabin filter, evaporator, etc?
This, and the location of the oil filter are just screaming mess everywhere, strange design choices.