ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megs NXT generation Spray Wax

A slow one :-(
About ten days ago I spent half a day washing the car with various AG products finished with a coat of P21S. It looked spot on but 5 mins after I finished it decided to rain and since then it has rained on and off.

Since I work next to a construction site the car was in desperate need of a clean but I wasn't prepared to spend another 4/5 hours cleaning it for it to rain tonight so I popped in to my local Halfrauds to see what sort of "wax" easy/quick apply products I could get.

In the end I lumped for some of this Megs stuff (nearly went for the Turtle Wax spray but the snob in me came out :eek:) and jesus I was most impressed with the results. I'll see how long it lasts but it looks superb for the amount of time I spent on it (just over an hour).

I think from now on 80% of the time I'm going to use the Megs spray and say once every 2 months consider going the full monty with the AG and P21S.

It gets a big thumbs up from me.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Sounds good, This is the only good report I've heard on the NXT spray way :S
I've just got some OCW which I've heard great stuff about.
As long as your happy it's the main thing!!! did ya take some sexy pics of it after :D ????

A slow one :-(
lol Nah... my photo skills are crap. Providing it doesn't rain tonight I'll take some tomorrow.

Why has it got a bad rep? I was pretty impressed considering the amount of effort required. Are there better products out there?

Megane R26
I think it's very good stuff too

The protection isn't as long lasting as say, a coat of 'normal' NXT, but for the amount of time it takes to apply and work with, it offers superb results IMHO

Mito Sportiva 135
I got some Megs Quick Detail spray to try out. On the paint work, I must say that it leaves a good shine, but this might be due to me having used a good sealant a few weeks ago. On the windows however its streaky as f**k!!

Personally, I think a wipe over with a waffle weave drying towel then a quick layer of wax takes just the same time - its not as quick as they will have you believe!

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I have some Natty's blue and it looks very wet. I really like it, and found it easy to use on and off.

106 GTi
Nattys Blue looks wetter and Glossier then the P21S. P21s has a deeper richer look to it and is easier on and off than the Poorboys Nattys.

On Black - Pinnacle Souveran has the edge on both.

A Euro'd one...
Ive got the same NXT spray wax and i have to say i am really pleased with the results. Not bad for what it is and goes on and wipes off easily enough.

Chocolate Bar™
ive bought a bottle, and ill be honest when i say ive never used it. my dad borrowed it for his van, and it did look spot on - but he managed to use half the bottle :dapprove:

BMW 120i Sport
I've gone over to Megs NXT wax, very easy on and off and water is beading brilliantly. Time will tell how long it lasts, but my car is silver so i'm not too bothered about depth of shine as silver doesn't really have this quality.

106 GTi
Spray waxes wise - OCW for me. If used in conjunction with other Waxes and Sealants you cant go wrong with any of them to top up protection though.

OCW is the only one I would use as a stand alone spray sealant/wax.

RB 182
I've got the InstaWax but personally prefer the OCW as it doens't mark the bumpers when you get it on them.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I've just got a bottle of the OCW really looking forward to trying it on top of all the other stuff that's on there now.... :p