ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mercedes SLS Roadster AMG - Performance House Edition 1 of 10.

Evo 5 RS
Firstly, no it's not mine. Secondly, yes it's the best thing in the world possibly since the dawn of time. Thirdly if you want the Performance House Roadster it will set you back into 140,000 pundz.

I doubt I'll be allowed to drive it, so the pictures are all you'll get, but it's such a savage machine. 0-60 book time is 3.6 seconds, but frankly even with all the gadgets it really struggles to get that down on the road.

quiv.jpg

bc63.jpg

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah envy can do that to some people.

Personally I just think it's awesome.

Lol! The performance I'd like no doubt if I was to ever go in one. It's just an ugly duckling to me. My £140,000 would be spent on a different car for sure.

Evo 5 RS
It's definitely not my first choice with that cash, but the noise is enough to win you over. It's to mark their heritage so it's going to be styled as such, but I think it looks amazing. The 6.3 on the wing is actually to mark 63 years for AMG if anyone didn't know.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It's definitely not my first choice with that cash, but the noise is enough to win you over. It's to mark their heritage so it's going to be styled as such, but I think it looks amazing. The 6.3 on the wing is actually to mark 63 years for AMG if anyone didn't know.

I bet it sounds like the world is ending. Its an awesome machine there's no denying it..

Not a lot of people know that. Do enough digging and you'll see lol.
A quick wikipedia search has revealed that it was founded in 1967...

Also: said:
The reason it is called the 6.3 L is because they are paying homage to the original vehicle that AMG modified when it was formed just over 40 years ago (1968). That vehicle was the 300SEL 6.3. The new 6.3 L engine is another first for AMG. It is the first engine designed entirely in-house as opposed to being a modified existing Mercedes Benz engine.

Close enough...Look it's not my car. lol

It's technically a 6.2. (Big woop)
It's actually a 6.2 aye!

Not sure how true this is said:
The engine was originally designed to be 6300 c.c. in displacement, but fine tuning in the development part of the process reduced the size. They kept the 6.3 designation because it has better marketing appeal than 6.2.

I love these cars. I saw this at Nurburgring:

401_10151313120924703_1958345188_n.jpg

6235_10151313121089703_1811957344_n.jpg

155531_10151313121164703_455357_n.jpg