ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metal Monkey Valver Clock installed...

1.8 Civic EX
well guy's, I finally got it and put it in so here are the pics....(click them to make them bigger)
I have emailed them asking how much they are likely to sell the ss cover for but not got a reply yet. If anyone knows what type of bulb it is that sits behind the clock and if I can get a green one then let me know!! (i have already tried ultraleds.com with no luck)..

th_DSCF0833.gif

th_DSCF0832.gif

th_DSCF0831.gif

Vee dub
Me either actually, I can't make up my mind about these MM dials

They look cool as standard on the 16v/willy but i think the green is quite nice to be fair.

Tom

youll be wanting a 509T twist fit bulb for the clock.
email Rob at ultraleds and ask him if he has green, as i believe he might well do.

but good luck changing the bulb! :) basically you will need to open the clock, remove the mechanism, remove the orange filter, then replace the mechanism. unfortunately the mechanism is soldered to the rear wall of the clock casing.
my method (my whole dash lights up blue :)) was cutting through the rear of the clock CAREFULLY (do not cut near the hole the bulb fits into, you need all the metal here to stay in contact with the bulb!) and then removing the orange filter. then its simple case of putting the bulb in. if i were you id solder the bulb in too, just in case the connection falters (the 509s are prone to bad connection due to the metal prongs connected to the bulb). need anymore help then just ask :)

its ghey when your clock breaks, but still ticks!

green quite a strange choice of colour, im glad to see they bought out a cover for the clock, makes the heater controls stand out (scream out!) less. however im not a fan of the brushed aluminium look, but keep your eyes peeled for something new soon! ;)

1.8 Civic EX
cheers Rusty,,,

I e-mailed them asking when and how much they are going to sell them for but not got a reply yet.

1.8 Civic EX
Yup got a reply today, the clock cover comes to a grand total of.....wait for it.......6 of your hard earnt english pounds...

dont need to take the clock out to stick it on realy, just give a quick clean to de-grease it then use the sticky pads provided to stick it straight on....