ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metal type thing at the engine mount.

Clio 182
Hi guys, I'm in the middle of doing my dephaser timing belt and water pump. There's a metal weight at the engine mount. The one at the top of the engine. I've taken it off to get more access. Is there any issues on leaving it off or is there a reason why it's there?
Thanks in advance,
T man.

Clio 182
Thanks for the quick response. Do you notice the vibrations if you leave it off?

Thanks.
T man.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
If you have a standard engine mount i'd leave it there, they're not the strongest mounts to begin with, the extra vibration could wear a new mount out even quicker than normal, if you've got uprated mounts then you could probably remove it without noticing anything.

406 V6, Race Buggy
Renault don't spend money on things for fun ;)
It'll be to deal with a specific resonant frequency - like the rubber mounts you get halfway down driveshafts.

172, Fiesta S1600
Thread resurrection... how easy is this weight to remove? What tools should I need? 13mm spanner or socket?

Cheers