ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Michelin EXALTO 2 or Goodyear EAGLE F1 GS

hi,

gettin some new 16" Fox 6 evo alloys. want some new tyres shortly. What size do i need? the alloys are 16x7.

also which tyres out of those two?

thanx all :)

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Are the exalto 2 as fitte dto 182 cup out yet? Id go for them if not much more than the Goodyear. Goodyear are a good tyre but better in wet than dry. Michelin may be other way round and as its getting dryer now :0)

I dont think there is any arguments here.

Michelin Pilot Exalto 2, I believe, were developed with the 182 (either that or that are made specifically for hot hatches) where cornering is what counts. From what I heard or read somewhere, there is more rubber on the outside of the tyre, hence helping the 182 suspension changes which has had a change in camber.

Autoexpress stated something about the Exaltos being the icing on the cake in the multiple changes to get more grip from the 182. Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s cannot be that bad considering they came out on top of EVO tyre test 2002. But there would be so much road noise (knowing what the footprint looks like). Wet grip would be fantastic but best to get a tyre with superior dry grip (I believe) - unless of course you love to be on edge or you have fantastic car control skills.