ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

michelin exaltos

VW Potato

I am liking these tyres! Got them on saturday, I didnt have time to shop for a lower price so prolly got a bit stitched, but anyway.

I still dont think the Conti was a bad tyre, but the Michelins seem to complement the steering in particular even better. They dont feel like they squidge as much when cornering, if that makes any sense?

g

VW Potato

eh? Theyre not Exalto 2s, theyre the current ones that are about to be superceded by the Exalto 2s. They are 195/45/R16s. I think I paid £89 per tyre. (yes, I could have got them cheaper etc etc, but it was a needs/must action.

g

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Scudetto on 29 March 2004

...theyre the current ones that are about to be superceded by the Exalto 2s....
Bugger!

Id heard/read good things about these on 172s.

So, theyre definitely being phased out then are they?

VW Potato

I believe so. The tyre place had no info at all about the Exalto 2s, not until 1 April but my tyres couldnt wait that long, so I had to go for them. Still very please with them!

g

My mk1 172 came fitted with mitchelin pilot sx and these tyres are superb and have lasted ages although the fronts are nearly down to the indicator.

I think if i had a lesser tyre i would have definatly been in a ditch by now. I can only imagine the exaltos will be even better. Although i have just ordered TOYO Proxies T1-S for my valver as there is no way im paying £90 per tyre when i can get 2 for £10 less than that.

Ad

MK2 FRS

I got exaltos on mine. Paid £59 a tyre plus £7 fitting. Got them alround and they are superb.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Toyos are 1/2 the price for a reason, they are sh*t in comparison, especially in the wet. Exaltos were the best tyres Ive bought.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Got them off mytyres.net. Think theyve gone up a £1 since. Thats 195/45/16, standard Mk2172 size. Then got them fitted at a local tyre place.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Just checked theyre actually at £62.70 a corner at the moment. Got mine a few weeks ago. Toyos int the same size are £40 and Goodyear GSD2s are £77. So overall still a bargain in my opinion.