ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Microsoft Game Pass Ultimate

Clio
Don't quite think I'm using my new Xbox to its full potential at the moment.

Playing....
Arcade Paradise - been playing this with my 7 year old with revolves around me spending hours doing laundry and her spending the whole time buying arcade machines and just playing them. Pretty addictive getting a good wash cycle routine going.

McPixel 3 - Again the 7 year old loves it, Don't fully understand whats going on but she likes it.

Supraland - Playing with the 7 year old again, Mostly sit around frustrated that she can't figure out any of the puzzles but she thinks she knows what she is doing. Will probably end up being a major part of the prosecution case of the murder of my daughter.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
I've had 0 motivation myself.
I'll very occasionally pop on and do a bit of Farming Sim, but that's it.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Supraland is decent in terms of gameplay but it’s buggy as hell. There are just too many game breaking issues with it. I’ve just about had enough with it now.

I’ve been playing car mechanic simulator too, if only real cars were as easy to work on.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Don't quite think I'm using my new Xbox to its full potential at the moment.

Playing....
Arcade Paradise - been playing this with my 7 year old with revolves around me spending hours doing laundry and her spending the whole time buying arcade machines and just playing them. Pretty addictive getting a good wash cycle routine going.

McPixel 3 - Again the 7 year old loves it, Don't fully understand whats going on but she likes it.

Supraland - Playing with the 7 year old again, Mostly sit around frustrated that she can't figure out any of the puzzles but she thinks she knows what she is doing. Will probably end up being a major part of the prosecution case of the murder of my daughter.

I'm not sure if Moving Out is still available on Game Pass... if so, then check it out and see if you enjoy playing it with your 7-year-old.

It's a simple game with a simple premise, you need to help someone move out of their house/residence by loading their items into the truck. Smaller items (like lamps) can be picked up and moved individually. More significant items (like a sofa) require co-op play and it can be hilarious trying to steer a sofa through doorways and onto the truck. I recently visited a friend that I'd not seen for a couple of years, and ended up playing Moving Out with his 8-year-old daughter for a couple of hours! :LOL:

Clio
Cheeky Cheeky Xbox, Moving Out is no longer on game pass so I had a look in the store and it was £20.99. Downloaded the demo and had a quick play and thought that looks alright. Will wait to see if its on Game Pass ever. Last night was having another look and the deluxe edition is only £5.99.

Going to let the little one have a go on the demo tonight. If she likes it, I'll take the £5.99 out of her pocket money. Dad doing Dad things until Mum finds out.

Clio
We never got round to Moving Out last night but I even managed to get my oldest daughter off Apex for an hour to play Overcooked 2.

At one point I got a little carried away and was shouting out 1 Sushi, 2 Sashimi to go and was not happy unless they shouted YES CHEF.

So next question is...... we are away for a fortnight soon in a caravan with limited signal so whats the best local co-op games on the XBox? I'm even going to venture outside game pass and spend some of their money.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like the gold trick in my OP will come to an end in September as Gold is being phased out and replaced with a lesser game pass package.

Sad times, glad I have over 2.5 years left to run!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like the gold trick in my OP will come to an end in September as Gold is being phased out and replaced with a lesser game pass package.

Dammit mine expires early 2024 but pretty sure the stacking trick only works if it's expired. Ah well was decent while it lasted. Not sure I'll even pay I really only play 1 or 2 games but it's more handy for kids.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

Buying cheap gamepass from another country (e.g. Brazil) may still work unless they manage to lock that down too.

Last edited:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Dammit mine expires early 2024 but pretty sure the stacking trick only works if it's expired. Ah well was decent while it lasted. Not sure I'll even pay I really only play 1 or 2 games but it's more handy for kids.
Yes, your existing gamepass needs to have expired or it doesn't work unfortunately

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I've heard they have been banning people for that
200.gif

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Do you buy 3x12m gold for the 36 months as I can’t see a 36m option in CDKeys?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I've heard they have been banning people for that
You have to upgrade gold using either a card registered in that country, or an ultimate code for the same country.

You can’t upgrade if your gold subscription was redeemed for a different country.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Good job I just read about how to do that and didn’t find out first hand.

200.gif

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
You have to upgrade gold using either a card registered in that country, or an ultimate code for the same country.

You can’t upgrade if your gold subscription was redeemed for a different country.
I redeemed 3 years of "Turkish Gold" using VPN on the Xbox website. Then switched back to UK and was offered the "Upgrade to GamePass Ultimate for £10.99." Took it so ended up paying around £80 for 3 years worth of GPU.

2nd time I've done it now. First time was even cheaper as the upgrade offer 1st time round was £1.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I redeemed 3 years of "Turkish Gold" using VPN on the Xbox website. Then switched back to UK and was offered the "Upgrade to GamePass Ultimate for £10.99." Took it so ended up paying around £80 for 3 years worth of GPU.

2nd time I've done it now. First time was even cheaper as the upgrade offer 1st time round was £1.
How long ago was that?

I stuck a year on a couple of weeks ago and it said I couldn’t upgrade with my account in the UK.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
A couple of months ago I think it was. Did you do it through the website or console?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I actually did it twice. I did it for me and then I did it for my boy.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I done the gold through the website using a VPN. Then on the console I went to upgrade and it wouldn’t let me do it. They’ve started blocking it recently apparently.

I managed to get a one month Ultimate for Turkey and redeemed that online instead.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I did it all via vpn on pc, this was last year or the year before though so no idea if it still works.

No doubt someone on HUKD’s will have an exploit we can use.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I did it with UK gold passes from Eneba, so no VPN required, I bought 9 x 3 month passes for £52.73 and claimed the auto renew free month for each code, giving me 36 months of gold and paid £10.99 to convert to GPU, a grand total of £63.72, bargain!

That was this time last year, prices have gone up since then and I don't think the free month for auto renew works now either.

I also got 6 months GPU when I changed broadband, which has stacked onto my existing subscription.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
They do still offer an extra month if you select auto-renew.

Although with the changes coming up I’m sure they’ll find a new way to screw everyone over.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It's a 360 game, so pretty old, but I've just started playing The Cave which is an excellent little puzzle game.

Much recommended if anyone is looking for something to pick up on Game Pass.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just completed Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion as I saw it on the leaving soon list, nice little game to kill a couple of hours! One you might like @mace¬ as you liked The Touryst

Clio
Nice one, think I downloaded that a while ago and forgot about it. Wil give it another go.

Anything less complicated than Starfield I'm up for.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
My top three this year are Starfield 127 hours, Car Mechanic Simulator 61 hours and FarCry 5 51hours.

Didn’t realise I’d played any of them that long 🫠

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
This is mine…

IMG_7977.png

I've done 230h on Starfield apparently and it's my most played game! :oops:

2nd was GTA V at 151h and 3rd was World of Warships legends at 133h.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Turns out my Xbox live runs out on Feb 1st. Last payment was August 2021.. It was nice while it lasted 😅.

Will have to see the new best method but I'm pretty sure it's similar to old way only conversion rate is less so I believe 3 years of core will transfer to 2 years of ultimate. Annoying as I don't really use it a huge amount but have saved money long term with Forza etc.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Yup they've nerfed it so you only get a 3:2 ratio now rather than the 1:1 it used to be and the conversion cost is £10.99

They also stopped the free month for using auto renew that I used last time, so I bought 9 x 3 month codes and got 9 months free by adding each code, then turning off auto renew before adding the next code.

The best method is still somewhere like CD Keys or Eneba to load up with 3 years of Gold/Core and convert, works out around £125 which equates to £5.20 a month for 2 years of GPU, still less than half price.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
As above, best way now is to load up with 3 years of core then upgrade to unlimited.

Make sure you let ultimate expire before you do this, or it'll covert at a lesser rate.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
I don't play that much but been using the £1 for 14 days GPU offer they have on, then just cancel the auto renew and repeat every 14 days :ROFLMAO: