ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Microsoft Word for Mac. Anywhere free?

Can you get a legitimate copy of "Microsoft Word for Mac" for free somewhere?

Im not really getting on with Pages and all the computers and everything has to be in Word format at Uni. Dont fancy forking out about £100 for the Office software tbh.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Thanks for that... That price seems more affordable to me!

And regarding "free" copies.. Im a bit wary with downloading software, as ive ended up with a shed load of viruses on my old laptop once! And I always look at the proper way of doing things before this option ;)

I have two copies left if you want to paypal me some $$$$

EDIT- Its the MS Office 2011

How much we talking matey? Which version is it (i.e. student, home etc)? :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I have office 08 for mac, cough cough, ;) ;) if you know what I mean. But for the sake of £30 you might aswell go legit and buy 2011.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for that... That price seems more affordable to me!

And regarding "free" copies.. Im a bit wary with downloading software, as ive ended up with a shed load of viruses on my old laptop once! And I always look at the proper way of doing things before this option ;)

How much we talking matey? Which version is it (i.e. student, home etc)? :)

The student and home versions are all in 1 this time

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
as you are in education, I think you can get it for free via DreamSpark (Microsoft's academic site) provided your academic institute is in the program.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
as you are in education, I think you can get it for free via DreamSpark (Microsoft's academic site) provided your academic institute is in the program.

This is an old post, but anyway, nope you can't :(

You get limited access to some stuff, but not much unless you're department is signed up to premium which is usually just the Engineering and Computing departments as far as I can tell. Even premium doesn't offer office for free, just a selections of OS and things like one note.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've been looking for this for my Air, I don't know where I can get it from though legitimately, preferably a download.

Any ideas?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
This is an old post, but anyway, nope you can't :(

You get limited access to some stuff, but not much unless you're department is signed up to premium which is usually just the Engineering and Computing departments as far as I can tell. Even premium doesn't offer office for free, just a selections of OS and things like one note.

don't know how I managed to pull this thread up from the past :s it came up in my 'whats new' search!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
That took a couple of minutes to set up, thanks for the heads up.

A basic word program is just what I was looking for, I've set up and installed google drive too.