ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Microsoft XBOX 360 Repairs?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Anyone had an MS repair??

SO, my year old 360 Elite came up with an E74 Error Code after not being used for a few months due to being away.

No problem! had Currys "whateverhappens" cover.
Took it in store and now they insist on sending it to MS to claim a free repair rather then replace in-store as they used to....

Had no real issue about this. Got a call today to say its back at the store, sent my brother off to collect it as im still away.

He phoned to say its going back to MS.
The 360 arrived back with scratches all over it, gaps on the casing etc...

How can i possibly trust the next repair lol.
It was my 360 and not a refurb as numbers matched up.

What experiences have you had with MS repairs?

Anyone had an MS repair??

SO, my year old 360 Elite came up with an E74 Error Code after not being used for a few months due to being away.

No problem! had Currys "whateverhappens" cover.
Took it in store and now they insist on sending it to MS to claim a free repair rather then replace in-store as they used to....

Had no real issue about this. Got a call today to say its back at the store, sent my brother off to collect it as im still away.

He phoned to say its going back to MS.
The 360 arrived back with scratches all over it, gaps on the casing etc...

How can i possibly trust the next repair lol.
It was my 360 and not a refurb as numbers matched up.

What experiences have you had with MS repairs?

Very good they picked my white one up which was out of warranty and will send you progress updates.

In less than 2 weeks I got another one and 1 month free live.

Bonus

;)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Mines looks like it was leavered open by a 5 year old in a back alley shop.

Then returned back to currys in the back of a van with no box or anything to get that much damage

*sigh* :(

i sent my white xbox back to xbox 2 months ago and got a brand new one. I just called the number, they took the details down, UPS picked up the xbox, it got sent to germany at the cost to xbox, not me, within 10 days i got a new xbox :D, which i sold, as i have the elite :D

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
mine came back immaculate, send it back again and complain they might give you something. unusal for them i rekon

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Im thinking mine was damaged by Currys before it got sent, im sure it got "stacked" in those metal trolly things.

But they are blaming MS for it....lol

Find out in a few days as to whats going on. It was unmarked when i gave it to them.
I NEED to play Forza 3 :(

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
you should have just sent it back to MS. 1 week turnaround and a months free live.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
you should have just sent it back to MS. 1 week turnaround and a months free live.

I had to go thru my currys whatever happens cover policy as MS wernt going to fix it at first when i rang them. And i expected a store replacement, but currys have changed the policy since Oct stating they will go for repair now...

So i just let them deal with it as it was easier.

Either way someone will have to do something.
Already got a manager looking at it. About to ring MS and see what they are doing.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Very good they picked my white one up which was out of warranty and will send you progress updates.

In less than 2 weeks I got another one and 1 month free live.

Bonus

;)

Similar experience for me. Mine was out of the 'normal' warranty but still within the 3year extended for the three red lights.

I was really happy overall.

Storm Grey 200
Im went and came back in just over a week, very impressive. I just got a new console and some free live of course

Polo + Micra
8 day days for ms to fix my elite and fit a new dvd drive (looks like it was never opened)

it came back in a box that it could never have got damaged in

imho i think currys has had ago at fixing it

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yer ive not heard of any issues with MS repairs/replacements. Afterall it is their product!

Ive got a feeling "TheTechGuys" have had a bash, messed up and sent it to MS to have a look.

Spoke to MS this evening who were very helpfull. They are awaiting pictures from the store.

Sucks :( Currys did hand my brother the free 1 month gold vouchers tho lol.

shall keep u posted on what happens when it eventually gets sorted!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
*** Update ***

SO, Currys caved.

They are accepting that it was damaged by them. MS agreed it was damaged before it was sent to them.

So i have just had a pay out to buy a brand new one.

:D

Mito Sportiva 135
Good stuff. Was going to say, my 360 was replaced super fast, the whole process ran like clockwork, it even came back cleaned and with an extra month's Live membership - hats off to them, even though the machine broke, I was probably more satisfied afterwards as good customer service is so rare these days.

182 cup Inferno
I got mine back within 8 days and put it straight in the bin they said i had taken the console apart which i hadn't so buying a new one

2000 Clio 172
Mine was repaired, the whole process was less that two weeks iirc, that was when it had 6 weeks until its 3rd birthday. iirc