ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Might aswell pop into Wales...

200 Gordini
After turning up at birchdown late and being turned away i didnt fancy just heading back on the 100 mile drive home... figured i wasnt too far from Wales so the Evo triangle (and the surrounding roads) had a little visit.

I havent been since the big RS meet a while back. I didnt really get alot of pictures as i was having too much fun on the amazing roads around North Wales.

Pictures took on the iPhone so not too great.

Horseshoe pass:

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

One for the welsh members :p:

IMG_0015.jpg

Started here:

IMG_0018.jpg

Got a little bored so passed some time by carving up a tree :eek::

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

The obligatory pictures:

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
croeso i gymru :D

car's looking very nice, thinking of making the treck upto birchdown for the change of belts when the time comes

Mondeo TDCI 130
After turning up at birchdown late and being turned away.

I have been waiting for this...... You weren't just a bit late, you were booked in for 9AM and showed up at 12.10 for a cambelt kit and aux belt kit, after us trying to contact you and no answering / not returning calls.

Unfortunately we are unable to sit around twiddling our thumbs all day so had to call other customer's and arrange work for after lunch, hence turning you away.

When it got to being 3 hours late with no contact it was assumed you were not coming.

Apologies for your bad experience, but in our opinion you only have yourself to blame!

Hope you enjoyed wales!:approve:

200 Gordini
I have been waiting for this...... You weren't just a bit late, you were booked in for 9AM and showed up at 12.10 for a cambelt kit and aux belt kit, after us trying to contact you and no answering / not returning calls.

Unfortunately we are unable to sit around twiddling our thumbs all day so had to call other customer's and arrange work for after lunch, hence turning you away.

When it got to being 3 hours late with no contact it was assumed you were not coming.

Apologies for your bad experience, but in our opinion you only have yourself to blame!

Hope you enjoyed wales!:approve:

I dont appreciate this tbh, i havent made a complaint or tried slating you. ive even recommended you to the member above!!

I mearly said what you have quoted to show the purpose of me going to wales.

Mondeo TDCI 130
No worries, Just wanted to get across you were turned away for a reason, as you failed to put that!

Tangoed Works
some of your iphone pics have come out pretty well. usually they are total shat!
location looks awesome as does the car... i remember the fun I used to have in wales in my old 182.

what the car was made for!

200 Gordini
some of your iphone pics have come out pretty well. usually they are total shat!
location looks awesome as does the car... i remember the fun I used to have in wales in my old 182.

what the car was made for!

I was surprised myself, ive got the 7th picture down as my wallpaper and its not distorted or anything.

Thanks alot. The car handled, braked and performed perfect.

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Some good pics there - they roads look awesome!

I think i did....

I also said in an email when i booked (3 weeks before) i would not be there at 9am

I think the point Steve is making is that you said in your first post that you were turned away for being late - you didn't state the timescale.

I hope you sort things out as its defo worth the trip to Birchdown.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
No wonder my car was done early today then ;)

Looking good in the pics.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Curley did you do the ace road out of Bala? proper epic road.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
It's a shame that the Sportsmans Arms is now closed.

Which road out of Bala you on about Rolo? You have a road name?

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
I dont know what that means lol but thanks :D

Ive heard its worth the journey.

welcome to wales :D

have heard good things about them but will see if there's anyone trustworthy nearby 1st though as its a 3 and a half hour drive there :dapprove:

200 Gordini
I hope you sort things out as its defo worth the trip to Birchdown.

They couldnt fit me in for over 3 weeks so i'll keep it local and go to Fred.

Curley did you do the ace road out of Bala? proper epic road.

I did a little part of that.. i wish i knew it was a good road and i would of carried on, tbh i was just driving and had no idea where i was. I was looking for some roads we done on that meet but i hadnt got a clue lol

Least it wasn't wet too actually.

Pretty nice day really, the sun was coming in and out.

Good stuff mate, I want to go back real bad! lol

Its not as good without another 30 Renault Sports to have a play with.

It looks like the tree was sanded instead of carved TBQFH

I got my chainsaw out the glove box, only took 3 hour.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Cant believe the ammount of people that do this trip and dont go from bala over hyrnant pass to lake vyrnwy.Highest road in england and wales...

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

On the map,just below balloon b is another road.This is the road to the top of bulch-y-groes,the highest in england and wales.My bad...The one shown is still an awsome drive though,and if you use bala you can link the two up and make it a circular.

Good images here and links on the left to bala lake and vyrnwy

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...prev=/images?q=bulch-y-groes&gbv=2&hl=en&sa=G

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I am going to go to these actual roads in the next few weeks on my pushbike,before the weather closes in.I need to do the bulch before it gets too cold...