ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mileage almost doubled at garage!

clio 200t
Hi my clio 200t has been in a garage for 4weeks having some bodywork done underneath (although it went in with suspected leaking radiator) But more worryingly they have sent me pictures of the car and I have noticed the mileage has nearly doubled! Thought it wasn't my car. There saying it must have been caused by an update going wrong. Has anyone heard of this before?
Any info appreciated!

clio 200t
Yer the guy is confident he can get it back to what it was through reinstalling the update. He firstly blamed the mileage switching to km but i converted the numbers and it doesnt work out. It just all sounds abit odd to me.

clio 200t
4379 when it was dropped off and is now currently 7456. And ha I was looking on here incase it had been spotted. Because to do that many miles in 4weeks they would of had to do a fair amount of driving... more than just a test drive anyway

clio 200t
4weeks they've had it now. And yer that was my reaction. And I hope it's software problem but they just don't sound convincing...

RB Clio 182
f**k me, over 3k miles in four weeks. I would be checking the tyres too etc.

It sounds dodgy to me how it went in for a leaking radiator, and they found bodywork that needed doing underneath, wtf?

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I remember when the focus RS came out... A guy I know works at a body shop in the sticks and someone binned his new RS so it was in.. they were joy riding it about for ages due to lack of new replacement parts.. One guy even stuffed it again causing more work... I even took someone's fiesta to get milk, they don't give a fook sometimes...

They would always use customers cars for trips home, lunch runs etc.. Excuse would always be test drive...

Suzuki Jimny
Sounds like it's been used by them.

My 172 cup was used for the day when I took it in for a MOT once, had 70 miles extra on it, their excuse was they had to put it on the rollers to check the brakes pmsl.

Rs200t lux

My 172 cup was used for the day when I took it in for a MOT once, had 70 miles extra on it, their excuse was they had to put it on the rollers to check the brakes pmsl.

got a extra 187 on mine and a empty tank from full and at a average of 18 mpg , only got £50 from Renault uk for coverage of petrol used when in for repair
Dealers are nobheads

dan's cast offs.
4379 works out at 7047km's so if they've used it a bit it's plausible if it's switched over. 253 miles of nipping to the chippy at dinner time??

R5gtt, 182, volvo...

A lad on Rtoc took his car for an mot after spending a small fortune building a high power lump.. He noted the miles on it before leaving and said it wasn't set up so no one should drive it... When he returned they said they couldn't mot it because it was smoking.. Turned out an extra 10+ miles were on the clock and they gone for a blast blowing the head gasket or splitting a liner..

They claimed they had to road test it for the mot...

Yeah right...

Inferno 182
That's a lot.of driving. Sounds like a software issue.

Funny story.. My mate took his EVO to mitsibishi coz it was poorly. Said the turbo was goosed and the part wouldn't be in for two or three days but it was undriveable. Turned up that night at my neighbours door as his son was a mechanic in the dealers. Wee Craig wasn't happy at all hahaha.

clio 200t
I've spoken to renault about it already as I had already put a complaint in about the garage for the time it has taken for them to tell me what was wrong with the car and that I was getting told different things. on the 3rd estimate at mo. Funnily enough that also has doubled . But I've been informed I have to sort it out with the garage as even though they sell their cars the garage is responsible. Just want my car back now! Am driving an eco fiesta at the mo while they are potentially driving my car

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Do they leave cars on forecourt? Go look if it's there? Alternatively depending on your working hours, go and wait outside in the morning.

182 ff
i know it may sound a silly question,why are they messing around with so called upgrades, when its gone in for body work?

Hi my clio 200t has been in a garage for 4weeks having some bodywork done underneath (although it went in with suspected leaking radiator) But more worryingly they have sent me pictures of the car and I have noticed the mileage has nearly doubled! Thought it wasn't my car. There saying it must have been caused by an update going wrong. Has anyone heard of this before?
Any info appreciated!

clio 200t
The other half went down last thurs to look at the mileage because we couldn't believe the picture. My cars parked on forecourt with no bumper at the moment as they've apparently changed the radiator. But that's other issues I'm having with them. But before this it was in their servicing garage (3weeks) where im told it was connected to a diagnostic machine for fault codes which converted it to km instead of miles. Then when I didn't go for that the excuse now is the update for mpg reading sticking at 29.9 which I've read about but my car wasnt effeted by this but there now blaming it for my mileage. Is a nightmare I want to trust them but they don't make it easy....

Beaten up 182
I know someone that dropped his car into the dealers for a service and MOT, he got flashed by a speed camera while it was there!

Renault took my 200 non turbo out for a good blast when it went in for a new seatbelt.

I believe ruk fined the dealer as they denied it at first but then admitted it. They gave me 4 black centre caps too. Asswipes.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
An acquaintance took his 350 BHP Striker kitcar into a local garage for a minor oil leak to be rectified because he had no time to do it himself prior to a trackday, and a mechanic decided that it needed a test drive in the pouring rain after the repair,(as if a visual inspection wouldn't suffice to see if oil leak remained) and put the car backwards through a stonewall before the List 1B tyres had reached any temperature, and then claimed that "something broke" whilst he was driving it. Car was a writeoff; took a year to repair.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like bull

Legally they can't touch the mileometre even if they wanted to as I understand it. Unless they've ballsed something up a treat I can't see how they've managed that.

clio 200t
Car is booked in for next Thursday for them to attempt to sort the mileage out. Been delayed abit as I've been on holiday and then had to wait another week so they can sort out a courtesy car out for me (4th one) as they have admitted they don't know what they're doing and need renaults tech help so don't know how long they will have it for :anguished:. might be worth asking to see the cctv of the garage maybe?

RB Clio 182
Car is booked in for next Thursday for them to attempt to sort the mileage out. Been delayed abit as I've been on holiday and then had to wait another week so they can sort out a courtesy car out for me (4th one) as they have admitted they don't know what they're doing and need renaults tech help so don't know how long they will have it for :anguished:. might be worth asking to see the cctv of the garage maybe?

You could ask then you know if its left, when its left and how long its left for.

clio v6
I have done over 3k miles in a week a few times a year from merseyside to marbella so it is possible also used to drive national express 18 year ago and do over 500 miles a day.

clio 200t
Surprise surprise they can't fix my mileage and want to keep my car for another 2 weeks. While they wait for the new "control panel" which it needs . Think il just return the twingo loan car they so kindly gave me and use my car until the part arrives. Idiots!