ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mileage!!!!

182 Cup Racing Blue
Bought my car (Clio 182 Cup Racing Blue 2005 reg) with 13600 on the clock. In 4 months I have only done 715 miles. This means if I continue to use my car this little then I will cover 2145 miles in a year and by the time I sell it which will be in about three years I would of done 6345 miles. Is anyone else this an#l with their mileage for value purposes. It's just that I'm thinking that I'm not actually using the dam thing and not enjoying it!!!!

Adam69 said:
Bought my car (Clio 182 Cup Racing Blue 2005 reg) with 13600 on the clock. In 4 months I have only done 715 miles. This means if I continue to use my car this little then I will cover 2145 miles in a year and by the time I sell it which will be in about three years I would of done 6345 miles. Is anyone else this an#l with their mileage for value purposes. It's just that I'm thinking that I'm not actually using the dam thing and not enjoying it!!!!

nope just you , yet i've only done 17k in 3 yrs but i love to play:eek:

106 GTi
I doubt low mileage will add fook all on the way prices are. My 2005 182 has 3800 miles on it though, so yours is high mileage! lol

182 Cup Racing Blue
Think the may reason to keep mileage low is due the owner before enjoying it too much! but your right, mileage only really adds on around 400 pounds at the end of the day. Would rather have 400 pounds worth of fun!!!

Black/Gold 182
^ you must spend more time cleaning than driving LOL! My June 05 182 is just coming up to 11k and I thought that was low

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Why bother trying to keep the value up by not driving it? May as well just use a bus all the tim einstead, aint ever gonn amkae a mint from running cars! Ibought mine iwth 24000 miles on 3 and a hal years ago, now has 87000 miles on it, what can I say, I like driving it!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The cost per mile in depreciation alone for you low-mileage guys is horrendous.

The only way to minimise that is get out there and rag it every single day :D

68K for me in 2.5 years.

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
Bought my CUP in May 52 reg with 16k on the clock whihc was the lowest milage one I looked at.

WHO HAS THE LOWEST MILAGE 52 PLATE.

Mine now has 20k which must be a contenter.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
ive got an 04 clio, its done 16500ish miles!
which aint bad for it because its a 1.2 and most have a fairly average mileage on them!

but i wouldnt not drive it for value purposes, if i want to drive it, i do! i paid my money for it so its mine!
but i am glad the previous owner was steady, means i get more fun out of the whoel car before bits need replacing!!!

Silver 172 PhII
I've done 20,000 miles in a year. That's what a round trip of 60 miles a day for work does for your car! Agree with the above though, what's the point of buying a great drivers car like a 172/182 and then sticking it in the garage?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Adam69 said:
Whats the point in haveing a car like that if your only gonna do that little millage what a waste you may has well get a scrapper.

Clio 182
Bought car in May 2006, had 11300 on the clock. Now has 17500. I only work 5 miles form home and dont have to any driving for work. So all those miles have been for fun :)

Silver 182 with cup packs
Got my 182 in Feb 06 and it's in for it's 12K service today (although it was actually at 12950... nothing like using that extra 1000 miles window you have to get it serviced in.) Almost 13000 in 6.5 months

At least 5000 of them were travelling backwards and forwards to Hampshire to see my ex's family... thank god that relationship is over!

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
StevieMcK said:
Got my 182 in Feb 06 and it's in for it's 12K service today (although it was actually at 12950... nothing like using that extra 1000 miles window you have to get it serviced in.) Almost 13000 in 6.5 months

At least 5000 of them were travelling backwards and forwards to Hampshire to see my ex's family... thank god that relationship is over!

is your car in East lane paisley for its service ?

172 mk2 Iceberg
gonna be 12k in 12 months for me..
very usuall
i dont think you get much more for low miles..but
if the buyer has a choice of 2 the mileage may turn his/her head to yours

133/225/CLS AMG
Got my Megane 225 new back in January and I've just gone over the 2000 miles mark!!!

I commute by train to work and mainly drive to the missus place or out an about a bit. Been to a few cruises, shows etc but thats been it really.

And I'm looking at buying a second car now!! lol Its nice to have a car that I get to drive just for my sake rather than for commuting.

172 cup
im confused, if you only do silly low millage, why buy a hot hatch?

if its for commuting why not buy a cheap little sensible car?

if its for fun, why not buy a great weekend car?

nissan sunny gtir
brought my car in 2002 with 14000 and now done 107000 not low miles anymore ha but lots of site seeing

BMW M135i
Did 18k in 10 months in the old 1.2, have done 6.5k in 6 months in this one. Trying not to do silly milage again, though i'm not running about the country on courses for work this time.

polarbert said:
I thought that Harry Manbacks had quite a high amount on it?
I don't know for sure. The only people with more that come to mind havn't ower the cars all there lives or have taken longer to do the milage.