ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MILLERS 5W40 Fully Synthetic Oil

182 inside
Went to rally design yesterday and got 5ltr bottle+ 1ltr bottle of millers oil for £45.29 including vat.

Bargain. oil change this afternoon. Renault genuine filter was only £6.
;)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Ouch that is a really good price, where do you get yours from?

182 inside
oil done, brakes done. just got to take it easy on the brakes for the next few days.

Oil is like honey to the engine. quieter running already. should help with track abuse.

Millers stuff is superb oil.

Bed the brakes in hard though thats the way they should be beddin in a few 60 to 10mph hard stops then let them cool off and down stop dead on the brakes.

Clio 172
I can get 6litres for 14quid throught a trade place. Surely most people here must know someone who has an automotive company card who can use it to buy them cheap bits?

I mean, I work for Land Rover but it just cost me £17 for 5litres of Millers and an oil filter for my GF's Peugeot 106! I mean, it's not like it's Land Rover products, not like I work in a dealership etc! Once i'm in the store it's like a candy shop of cheap automotive products! If only people who shop at Halfords were authorised to enter via the "Magic Door", they'd probably cry at the prices! The only thing that isn't really discounted is detailing products, only a few quid of most AG, Mags stuff etc! boo

Don't forget Millers do a few types of oil from there normal stuff for road use to there CGS etc type for motorsport use. Prices vary accounding to that. Most trade places wouldn't stock the CFS type fluids.

Thaught you have to take it easy bedding the brakes in?

Bed in depends on exactly what type of brake pads but the hard bed in process of differen variations is the most common and best one it gets rid of the coatings on the brakes as soon as possible but down't let the resings stick to the disk or pads.

Can you get Millers oil for a dci anywere online?

Try the Milelrs site I think you can from there.

Milelrs do a special diesel oil which I used now but I prefered the normal stuff but at £10 more I'm to cheap to pay and the diesel stuffs superb anyway.

182 inside
all about the additive package within the oil. motul is great stuff, just went out on a limb to break the mould. shell helix mould

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Millers do a 'xfe' which is the semi syn diesel oil and 'xfd' is the fully syn oil comes in a 1ltr or a 5ltr tub

Lionel Richie
the first number refers to the oils viscosity (thickness) at i think 0degC (can't remember) the second number refers to the oils viscosity at 100degC

the lower the first number means it can withstand a lower outside temp

Lionel Richie
with fully syn oil theres no need to change it that often, unless you expose it to high prolonged abuse aka track