ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini’s - hairdressers cars

R26

lol Just been on a mini forum looking at what they had to say about the clio 182:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-55710.htmlhttp://www.mini2.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-55710.html

It strikes me that these mini drivers think that the clio is a cheap car and that you are better off if you drive a mini - What I dont get is - in Edinburgh the Cooper S guise is everywhere and the guys that drive them think they look cool with their shades - poncy haircuts etc. while looking at the clio thinking they are in the better faster car ????

My point - yes the clio is cheap, however, to me... money is not a problem, I can get up in the morning - drive the 182, the V70 T5 or the dynamique whichever takes my fancy - Hell i could have a Cooper S refitted by Armani, but the point is - I bought the Clio 182 cos its the better car - not cos it was cheap -

Rattles - dont have any,
Control - got plenty of that,
comfort - that too,
speed - lots of,
Hairdresser appeal - not a chance

Heres to the king of hot hatches.

Quote: Originally posted by Clart on 31 January 2005
minis are girls cars but clios arent? hmmmmmm

did you not know this!!!!!

R26

clios maybe - but aint seen to many in 172/cup/182 hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

there are loads about, the success of the 172 has brought about more sales for the 182, they are as common as muck now :(

i worked for a BMW/MINI dealer for 6 years so i could piss on any arguements MINI owners have about it being a "better" car trust me theyre over priced tat with fisher price styling.

R26

lol @ Dicko sitting next to me,

p.s Bryan are you from Edinburgh - cos that is where im talking about - cant vouch for any other city - pretty happy living in Edinburgh though - plus not many 182s about (yet)

nope, not from scotland, though about 60% of the population where i live is scottish :eek: live in corby in northants :(

dont have a dealership here, but they are still common here :(

R26

dont quite get your point bad invincible :confused: Girls can drive any cars - guys cant.

Lol @ the comment mini has heritage - clio is a eurobox

mini was made by thge krauts

A quote from the mini thread :-

"The real question has to be do you want a car with real car with character and heritage and be prepared to pay for it, which you will get back at trade in down the line, or a eurobox!"

Clearly this guy has missed the point when minis became German. They are no longer British and the heratage goes about as far as the NAME!!! Making it a eurobox as well.

Hell the UK is even part of europe 2 so what the fook is this guy on?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWAAAAAAAAAAA

Just playing devils advocate. Your point that "in Edinburgh the Cooper S guise is everywhere and the guys that drive them think they look cool with their shades - poncy haircuts etc. while looking at the clio thinking they are in the better faster car ????" I drive a 172, wear sunglasses at every oppurtunity and style my hair, what does that make me?

R26

LOL

:confused: :confused:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:confused: :confused::confused:
:confused::confused: :confused:

Disco says bad dont throw your toys out the pram - p.s are we going to get banned yet.

[Edited by ESCOBAR on 31 January 2005 at 2:25pm]

ok towly.
i dont like any one dissing the 182 but they do have a point about the interior. it is crap compared to the minis IMO. i think the minis isnt "fisher price", its just different and not run of the mill boring rubbish like every other car.

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 31 January 2005

So this thread isnt actually about what car you drive, its about the way you look?
But that is the point - mini drivers tend to be girls and all they are concerned about is the way they and the car looks - clio drivers buy the car for the performance and thrill. The fact that so many of the people on that mini forum seem to think that the mini is better is no surprise. It is painful though to think that they are just kidding themselves. If you drive a mini you look like a tw*t - im sorry but that is that and there aint going to be no changing it. Its not English, its not cool, its not clever and its for girls (its a re-moddled Golf GTI, THE sh*t ONE) They are over priced, and slow as sh*t (i had a cooper S in my bloody valver)

Quote: Originally posted by ESCOBAR on 31 January 2005

LOL

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:confused: :confused::confused:
:confused::confused: :confused:

Disco says bad dont throw your toys out the pram - p.s are we going to get banned yet.

[Edited by ESCOBAR on 31 January 2005 at 2:25pm]
Just trying to make a point to your thread. Like I said, I was just playing devils advocate...

Nice replies, it shows were having a adult discussion here.

Quote: Originally posted by The Don on 31 January 2005

but they do have a point about the interior. it is crap compared to the minis IMO. i think the minis isnt "fisher price", its just different and not run of the mill boring rubbish like every other car.

ok so if we put the fact that i dont like the toytown styling of the car you still are left with the supposedly superior quality of the car be it interior or exterior. I can catagorically say that the minis interior is no better quality than the clios i should know i worked with the f*cking things for long enough.

172, Tiguan

Well my Mum and Dads new Mini convertable is about 100 times better built and better designed than my Clio. Cooper S or another Renault Sport, Id have to choose the Mini.

I am truely impressed with the way it drives, the way it looks, the way its built, the dealership, the servicing costs, the resell value.....

Its a better package.

I am sure there are also 100s of loonatics like me that clearly just dont give a F**K as well so post away....

looney, i have owned both cars. the amount of awards it has won shows its not a crap car. it goes down to a matter of opinion when we talk about styling i suppose but no one can deny its a great little car. i now have a 182 and my mate now has a cooper s and when we are both driving we have noticed they are very similar in performance. mine may be a tad quicker but not enough to notice a big gap. fastwunz, i dont believe you could piss all over a cooper s (in your car, not litterly) unless you have severly modified your valver.

[Edited by The Don on 31 January 2005 at 2:49pm]

Quote: Originally posted by The Don on 31 January 2005

looney, i have owned both cars. the amount of awards it has won shows its not a crap car. it goes down to a matter of opinion when we talk about styling i suppose but no one can deny its a great little car. i now have a 182 and my mate now has a cooper s and when we are both driving we have noticed they are very similar in performance. mine may be a tad quicker but not enough to notice a big gap. fastwunz, i dont believe you could piss all over a cooper s.

no E, attention to detail ;) trust me if you knew half the things i do about the cars and the design/materials quality issues then you might think again. 18.5k for a MCS specced the same as a 182 you can pick up for 13k, the difference in build quality is noin existant so the only thing the mini has over the clio is residual values. They are well overpriced for what they are.