ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini cooper S v valver

Red Valver said:
who cares, your gonna kill yourselves or someone else racing about, if you happy with your car why worry about what it can beat, hire a kart track for the day and see who has actual driving abilities rather than a faster car.

OMG... WTF did you buy a valver for, to drive like a ponse everywhere? you may be better off getting a Cooper S, may be more suitable with it being shaped like a handbag!

Clio Phase II 16V
TheJesus said:
OMG... WTF did you buy a valver for, to drive like a ponse everywhere? you may be better off getting a Cooper S, may be more suitable with it being shaped like a handbag!

Bought a valver because i have always like them since they were released, if i'm gonna drive it hard usually go to a track day.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
wow this threads getting a bit out of hand now....its quite funny when all was asked what is a quicker car a valver of cooper s

red valver me or my uncle are not the type of people to race around and definately not the type to drive like an idiot but fair play for airing you opinion...perhaps it should have been worded better......lol

Clio Phase II 16V
Freebone said:
wow this threads getting a bit out of hand now....its quite funny when all was asked what is a quicker car a valver of cooper s

red valver me or my uncle are not the type of people to race around and definately not the type to drive like an idiot but fair play for airing you opinion...perhaps it should have been worded better......lol

Thank you

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Is is is ....

182 does look more feminine than a valver, but its a hell of a lot quicker.

As is a cooper s.

Tucks said:
Its not.
As we are making claims:
172/182= Fun but Feminine

Vee dub
I'm PMSL @ rmccardal

Valver being slow is quite a funny comment

I'd have one all day over a 172/182 even if I had the spare 8 grand +
Well, I'd have a williams actually, but my valver is QUICK enough until I get a williams.

Funny cos the 172/182 isn't incredibly quicker if were honest... granted it's quicker but not by silly amounts to justify calling a valver slow.

Cheers

Tom

The Jinx
I didn't realise you were referring to me red valver. We weren't "racing". We were "driving". It is perfectly possible to drive responsibly, yet at the same time quickly and whilst having some fun.

SCooper/valver is v.close, but the SCooper edges it. Not as fun though, nor it is as fluid over normal british road surfaces so they'll be more uncomfortable than the valver driver.

As for 172/182. Well i've yet to see one hand any valver it's arse round the peaks. Maybe they have a bit of squirt on the straights but that can be more than made up in the corners. I'm sure the old skool n/w boys would tell you that.

Vee dub
"As for 172/182. Well i've yet to see one hand any valver it's arse round the peaks. Maybe they have a bit of squirt on the straights but that can be more than made up in the corners. I'm sure the old skool n/w boys would tell you that."

I totally agree^^

I think a comment such as a valver being slow is very much provoking a reaction to be honest. Not needed really.

We'll settle with what we got eh?

Clio 182
Im yet to see this '172/182's are loads faster than valvers'
My car runs low 15s down the strip, on the same day, ive never seen a 172 or 182 run lower? Same story on the road, its the same all the way to 110/115.

Ive had a few plays with Cooper S's and have had edged past in 3rd/4th every time...

E91 M Sport
I really don't see how a much older car with 27bhp/ton less can be the same pace as a new one...unless you Valver drivers have much more skill that you are not telling us about ;)

As for the fast car comments, its all relative.

Focus ST
The quarter mile times aren't wildly different, but from what I've seen a standard valver is normally around the 16 second mark, a 172/182 closer to 15. (lets not forget that a second at 85-90mph = over 35metres (10 clio-lengths?) assuming identical reaction times, ).

Dan_mk1, good times bud, you obviously have a good one, and lightly modded iirc?

I personally think it would be very close between a Cooper S and valver in some situations, i.e. straight line blast when the valver is on cam and some b-road style twists.

However, that's just it about the valver (having owned one for 3 years), they aren't very good off cam meaning you can easily be caught out, and if you load up with a couple of decent sized passengers then you WILL struggle against a lot of 2.0litre+ repmobiles (as I found out to my embarressment a couple of times).

Great fun though - I want mine back!

Raced a valver (exhaust mods and filter I think) on road and it didn't even get close, guy gave me a look when I slowed down to let him pas as much to say f00k me thats quick. :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
All i can say is my old valver went past a mk1 172 many moons ago. Only crept but mine was modded too...

2.0l Valvers are where its at. 182 EATER! lol

Clio 182
Lucas said:
Dan_mk1, good times bud, you obviously have a good one, and lightly modded iirc?

Exhaust including decat and viper :D

Does seem to be a quick one tho....Neil, get yourself down to a proper strip then talk ;)

Dan_mk1 said:
Exhaust including decat and viper :D

Does seem to be a quick one tho....Neil, get yourself down to a proper strip then talk ;)

I will be coming down sometime next summer, when I run 13's at the pod you can bow down and kiss my.... ;-)

Anyway back on topic, standard valvers are sssslllooooowwww.

Pikey Truck
I dont think u can say valvers are slow neil...

have u ever driven 1???

sounds like u havent so id keep quiet about it!!

-=ChrisE=-

ChrisE said:
I dont think u can say valvers are slow neil...

have u ever driven 1???

sounds like u havent so id keep quiet about it!!

-=ChrisE=-

I don't need to drive say a 1.0 Micra to know its slow.....

Vee dub
"I don't need to drive say a 1.0 Micra to know its slow....."

This guy sounds like a wind up merchant ^^^

Best to leave him to it i think

Pikey Truck
I think u can do much better than that neil, stop making excuses about ur pansy 182!!

PS Valvers and willies are THE sexiest clios!!

-=ChrisE=-

Pikey Truck
how dya know its slow when uve only driven ur 182 also...

if all uve driven is a 1.0 micra then u might not think its slow til u drive a 182 or a valver, coopers etc.!!!

LMAO silly boys ive got a 172 Cup that runs 14.1/2@101 mph and have since fitted a Maxogen and about to fit my Angel works head/inlet/cams :p Behave. I'm just winding you up Vavlers aint slow in the grand scheme of things but I did truthfully rip one a new ring.

Wow I can really feel the love in this thread!

Starts off with a simple question, How would a Valver stand up to a Mini Cooper S.

Turns in to a slanging match between Valver and 172/182 owners!

I say settle your arguments on a track........ as a suggestion why don't you swap cars after the first race and see if the driver has anything to do with your times?

Might also gain a bit of respect for one anothers cars at the same time, just a thought.

I personaly think a Valver would stand up quite well to a standard Cooper S, standard they arn't that quick compared to other hot hatches but through the bends it would probably give the Valver some trouble.

All in all I don't think a Standard S would shake a Valver.

TomS said:
mk2 ? feminine

Well a Phase 1 more so imo, but at the end of the day I see as many men driving Clio's as women and it could be argued that any car that bears a womans name is by definition Feminine.

Also seeing as most cars are refered to as "she" arn't they all feminine?

And seeing as men who drive allegedly "Masculine" cars are driving them because they are p*nis extensions and there over compensating, doesn't a man driving a so called "Girly car" mean he is the exact opposite?

Think about it for a second.....

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Ill be at the next airfield day for a friendly comparison TomS :) TBH wouldnt like to geuss either way on the outcome.

In all fairness all (standard) Clios are slow for an 'enthusiasts' car, but they are fun which goes a long way.