ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini Detail! FRP/Celeste Dettaglio content***

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I miss driving not the car. Had my fill of clio's for now. I did spank a an ep3 type r up hartside last week. There actually growing on me but the ultimate lack of feel is a big let down.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I miss driving not the car. Had my fill of clio's for now. I did spank a an ep3 type r up hartside last week. There actually growing on me but the ultimate lack of feel is a big let down.
The only thing that put me off them was the steering. Stunning gearbox.

And I love the Cosmic Grey!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
The only thing that put me off them was the steering. Stunning gearbox.

And I love the Cosmic Grey!

There wheelspin monsters aswell which is funny considering there lack of torque. I wouldn't mind a crack at the jdm version with the diff. My mates is black and needs a good machine polish.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I have the same box to hold all my cleaning s**t in.

I just take that with me with some bits and bobs in it. This is part of the collection....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304526615.167510.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Would be a pleasure mate. I done my brother in laws before xmas actually.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
With any luck your car might get the special touch dude.

Cleanest cup in the country iirc! ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cheer Rich have a look at my next one for some indepth detail. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
love it! im now tempted to get myself some expensive wax, this thread has just made my meguiars wax seem naff!

Ha! Don't do that mate, just make sure your prep is right. Something like natty's Blue wax is just as good as some more expensive ones. The 95% of the finish comes from the prep before hand. :)

Flol! Londoner c**t!

I'm in love tbh, FRP's are awesome.

But that arch gap, it kills kittens.

Thanks dude, it's hard to get a picture to show it's presence.

Indeed the arches make me sad.

Cheers for the comments peoples!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Jay. You've been quiet recently dude.

How's the Mini.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Looking good! Although i think you could of got equally good results polishing the knob yourself!...For a fiver tho, meh!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good! Although i think you could of got equally good results polishing the knob yourself!...For a fiver tho, meh!
Indeed mate, I did one before with a bit of wet sanding it's easy peasy but he did the colours and shiz so... meh as you say.

I'm hoping you'll like the next read even though you're a grumpy old detailing veteran!

Fiesta ST-3
Reads well that mate, yours are usually the only detailing threads I will read! Love your attention to detail :)
I would love to have the knowledge/experience/equipment to do a detail like that to mine, I think the colour would look amazing!

Yours simply has to be the best FRP around!?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
One hundread and twenty pounds.

You paid one hundread and twenty pounds for wax? Am i reading that right? Holy jesus f**k christ of nazareth.

Flame Red Delight

You paid one hundread and twenty pounds for wax? Am i reading that right? Holy jesus f**k christ of nazareth.

Yea that is what i said when he told me lol i actually cringe at spending £30-£40 lol

Thanks for the credit Gally mate, you forgot to mention i done most of the car whilst you "had to do something" lol ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Reads well that mate, yours are usually the only detailing threads I will read! Love your attention to detail :)
I would love to have the knowledge/experience/equipment to do a detail like that to mine, I think the colour would look amazing!

Yours simply has to be the best FRP around!?

No danger mate, there are some FRP's that are weekend only cars, sadly mines is a daily with 100k on the clock. I look after it but it's far from perfet.

Keep an ey out for me next thread on the car, I think you'll enjoy it. :eek:

Thanks for the comments.

FPMSL!!!!!!! <3 Teh spooner!

Yeah mate, I actually have 2x £120 waxes now...

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Produ...oogle&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Motorsport

http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=693&idcategory=9

It's an expensive hobby! ;)

Yea that is what i said when he told me lol i actually cringe at spending £30-£40 lol

Thanks for the credit Gally mate, you forgot to mention i done most of the car whilst you "had to do something" lol ;)

Flol!!!!!

P1040323.jpg

Pmsl! You spent 5 minutes with that Rotary! ;)

Flame Red Delight
[/QUOTE]
P1040323.jpg

Pmsl! You spent 5 minutes with that Rotary! ;)[/QUOTE]

Even with the arch gaps i still couldnt get comfortable aswell ;) lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Indeed mate, I did one before with a bit of wet sanding it's easy peasy but he did the colours and shiz so... meh as you say.

I'm hoping you'll like the next read even though you're a grumpy old detailing veteran!

I've got a Z4, Clio, Elan & Tonker to do soon! A years detailing done in a month! lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
@michael There are just under 300 of the original 500 left at the last count.

The only other one I know of North of the border is in Aberdeen, Justin's neighbour has it as a weekend car (like a lot of them are these days)

I've only seen one since buying mine a year ago and the guy sold it to a guy from wales last year.

Nice to have a car that's a little rare. Same reason I looked at Trophy's before buying the Frp.

Thanks for the comments. :)

great detail and a really smart car. needs some lows though;)

Someone once said "only a tard would lower a Frp".

He made a good point, although i'd love it to look lower. :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a Z4, Clio, Elan & Tonker to do soon! A years detailing done in a month! lol

You'll keel over!

Then moan to me an JD about how much you hate detailing! ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Haha! Not too girly. Looks pretty good to be fair.

No idea, Elan and Tonka pass in one weekend. The latter just being an improvement detail! (Old boy reversed it into a wall! - Just been reprayed!)

Z4...June!?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Haha! Not too girly. Looks pretty good to be fair.

No idea, Elan and Tonka pass in one weekend. The latter just being an improvement detail! (Old boy reversed it into a wall! - Just been reprayed!)

Z4...June!?

The Tonka, that the one you posted a while back?

I'm sure you'd be a little shocked at the paintwork in person! ;)

It's okay for a daily! Looking forward to pics of the Z4, last ones were epic!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
This is going to be a biggy!

Fresh paint, refurb wheels, new centre caps, tyres, valve caps to replace the stolen one, new interior trim, new mats, new windscreen, de-dented! And a full 20-30hrs of work!

Aye, did a quick pass of the tonka a couple of yrs ago.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Feck that's an old thread! Love reading old s**t like that!

Egp is s**t! You were right 4 years ago. Luckily I never bought it!

Mad you mum still has it aswell.

What's your dad driving these days mate?