ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini's aren't gay!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I was Mr Gay UK last night and was driving this all night -

8b972e99.jpg

This is the one with a LSD. Handles amazing! I love fwd lsd cars. Pitty its a cab which have got to be a fair bit heavier. Feels pretty gutless really..lol

White Evo V
My mate has a cooper s works, smaller pulley, forge intercooler, and air filter and it still couldn't get a sub 15 sec 1/4 mile! I managed a 14.8 when my old 172 was standard do I tried his and got his best time, a 15.23!!! Faster than a ctr or a 172 - I think not!! Doesn't matter how much power they have, they still don't perform! Fact!

Tangoed Works
^^ think he was a shite driver tbf. if he had a works he wouldnt need to do a smaller pulley / air filter as they are fitted as standard. forge intercoolers are pants also (just soak up the heat), he would have been best off fitting a gp ic.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Your mate must have had no feet to press the pedals, and no hands to change gears.

I open up a can of woop ass on 1*2's

White Evo V
^^ think he was a s**te driver tbf. if he had a works he wouldnt need to do a smaller pulley / air filter as they are fitted as standard. forge intercoolers are pants also (just soak up the heat), he would have been best off fitting a gp ic.

Your mate must have had no feet to press the pedals, and no hands to change gears.

I open up a can of woop ass on 1*2's

I drove the car too and managed his best time of 15.23, his best was a 15.64! Believe me the car was slow! IMO cooper s's are really over rated! All the tuning companies told him that its hard to get power out of the s works! He spent a fortune and it was still slower than my almost standard 172! And to top it off he is selling it because its forever throwing the Charger belt off! He hates it and he says its the worst car hes ever owned! Also MPG is worse than my 300bhp EVO 5! :eek:

Facelift R53 Cooper S
I drove the car too and managed his best time of 15.23, his best was a 15.64! Believe me the car was slow! IMO cooper s's are really over rated! All the tuning companies told him that its hard to get power out of the s works! He spent a fortune and it was still slower than my almost standard 172! And to top it off he is selling it because its forever throwing the Charger belt off! He hates it and he says its the worst car hes ever owned! Also MPG is worse than my 300bhp EVO 5! :eek:

Sounds like he went to a smaller pulley using the stock Charger belt.......

Also it's easier to tune Non Works Cooper S' than it is to tune a works.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Yep, if his pulley belt is constantly slipping off, then the car will not be getting boost as its not spooling properly.

I suggest you advise him to fit the correct belt, and then see what he thinks.

They are terrible on juice mind. LOL!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
A well modded S is very capable... the below times are with a cam, remap, injectors, exhaust and pulley.

1/4 Mile - 13.6877 @ 105.01mph

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Cam is about 130, injectors 150, exhaust 500, map 350, pulley 90. Then labour depending on if you cant do it yourself.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
It is, but bearing in mind they are 170bhp standard, and after around 1k you can get it up to around 220WHP (so 240ish bhp), its good value for money IMO.

If you spend 1k on a Clio, you would return about 10hp lollers

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Pa! My Bora. Was 150 bhp, £350 later POW 210bhp..lol! Mini's are cool full stop. Straight line im not impressed, package wise i am. Very nice drive. Girly to look at manly to drive.

White Evo V
It is, but bearing in mind they are 170bhp standard, and after around 1k you can get it up to around 220WHP (so 240ish bhp), its good value for money IMO.

If you spend 1k on a Clio, you would return about 10hp lollers

240bhp!!!! I think not! My mate didn't manage that and he spent more than £1k! Cooper s works claim 210bhp standard iirc but on the rollers his was 190ish! Joke! It was only 13months old too!

Also he does have the right belt on, he even bought another belt to makesure! Still comes off!!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Whoever is fitting your mates belt is a fecking donkey if it keeps popping off.... wasn't you by any chance was it?

Hahaha what a joker, a works/decent mcs would rip a 172 a new one! The torque is unreal, its always there. Continuous power curve for the win in this case.

GP runs a 1/4 in 13.somthing seconds, and thats 210bhp.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
240bhp!!!! I think not! My mate didn't manage that and he spent more than £1k! Cooper s works claim 210bhp standard iirc but on the rollers his was 190ish! Joke! It was only 13months old too!

Also he does have the right belt on, he even bought another belt to makesure! Still comes off!!

Like i said earlier you're best off tuning non works cars than tuning works cars, as the works tend to not make their power from the factory.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
thought id have a post up as ive had my MCS for around 3-4 weeks now

I have to say the car is in a completely different league to the clio's quality wise and the drive is a lot easier.

I dont see my car as a hot hatch more of a warm hatch that can keep up with all the hot hatch boys given the right driver

Ive had a few races with kev182 cup on here and he will tell you himself my cooper s with dave f filter stays alongside his 182 from 60-130 (private test track) and his 182 is very quick from when we used to race in my 172

ive certainly had more fun with the mini than the ph1 172 and I cant wait to get somemore power from it

Heres a few videos that may change your mind

http://www.youtube.com/user/htfag#p/a/u/0/kUXirgdWXmA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwbrJVhSl3E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62RuQTt2qxI&feature=related

sorry i didnt have time to enbed these

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Hahaha what a joker, a works/decent mcs would rip a 172 a new one! The torque is unreal, its always there. Continuous power curve for the win in this case.

GP runs a 1/4 in 13.somthing seconds, and thats 210bhp.

Mate im for the mini but thats a joke.

M2 Competition
[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZnrGviUn6I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZnrGviUn6I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Sounds like a gay milk float.

Mk5 golf gti
you can all argue it all you want.if the mini was the fastest well made car on the planet you would still see a lad go past you in it an go "what a faggot"
its as gay as it gets
i have to drive the missuses cooper s at weekends and its an awesome car to drive far batter made and easier to drive faster than my 172
but i hate being seen in it :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I love them, I just wish they didn't sound so sh*t.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-pop-Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee from a hundred miles away.

I'd love one with a proper engine, rather than a hand-me-down Chrysler lump.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
LMAO at people not being seen in them. Insecure much? lol!

Women like them meaning women like men in them.

Turbos.
LOL. I kind of liked the noise, it fitted in with the playful character of it.

Unless i see Graham Norton in a pink 206cc, i never think "What a fag" to anyone, a car is an object. And what makes a Clio any less gay than a Mini?

Personally, if you go around thinking half the world's men are benders, i'd take a look in the mirror and have a think about your own sexuality.

Fact is, a majority of the population would prefer a Mini Cooper S to a Clio RS. Just take a look at the sales figures. And, conversely, it's the image what makes people buy them.

White Evo V
Just asked my gf if blokes in minis are sexy, she laughed and said "not sexy, prob gay"! And I didn't even explain this thread to her! So there ya go, that's one female I know that thinks they are gay!

Also the GP doin a standing 1/4 mile in 13 odd seconds! Haha! That's prob faster than my evo!!!! Can't see it can you!

Iceberg 172
A std FWD GP Mini with 210bhp doing a 1/4 mile in 13.* seconds!!!!???? Seriously!!!??? FPMSL!!!! Is that being towed by FireForce!?!?

I absolutely love the MCS and personally I'd really like one. I love the noise and I really want a Supercharged car (as i've had too many turbo charged cars) but I do think the image is a bit of an issue unless it has some "hard" mods... With the right wheels and stance I think they're amazing. A bit of Carbon and about 240bhp and you're onto a winner.

Modding them is quite expensive though... oh well.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Heres mine, my Homo Mobile!!

7-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Any a Dyno run after the Pulley (Pre intercooler, airbox and exhaust)

screenwhp.png

Gay as Funk!