ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Minus temperatures - Wheel help needed!

197 Clio Sport 07 Plate
Hi
I'm looking for some help, for the past two mornings when I've started my car, the rear wheel that has been hit by frost overnight won't budge - I've been scared to drive it frankly for fear of damaging the wheel, but don't know what the problem might be .... an ideas? As you might have gathered, I know next to nothing about cars, but I LOVE my Sport, and I've missed it the past couple of mornings! When I got home tonight and warmed the beast up the wheels seemed fine ....
Thanks in advance .....;)

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Your handbrake is sticking on.

Leave the handbrake off next time and just leave it in gear and you'll be fine.

197 Clio Sport 07 Plate
Really???? Why would that happen - the handbrake sticking on I mean? Is it something I need to get looked at or just symptomatic of the low temperatures?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Could me numerous reasons. The caliper could be binding causing it to get hot and sticking, there could be moisture in there and its freezing overnight. Won't be able to tell until its looked at really.

But in the meantime, just leave the handbrake off and in gear.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
yeah its just where its so cold, my mates focus handbrake keeps getting stuck on aswell