ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfires , smell of fuel help?

clio 172 cup
Hi people been a member for a while had the car for 3 year's but a couple of months ago the car started misfiring on two cylinders although can't remember which ones.

I replaced the coil pack, ht leads and sparkplugs, but to no avail. While the misfire was happening i took of the ht leads one at time and two where not sparking but the coil pack was brand new, i put the old one on but no difference.

Suddenly the issue stopped (this was November) now today it started again no power and the amber engine light is flashing while driving as well as stationary.

And it has been overfueling as you can smell the petrol.

Any help would be great as I've no idea what to try next.

Thanks for any help

renault clio 1.4 16v
Sounds like a bad connection in the loom, coils work in pairs so they will stop working 2 at a time, trace back the loom and look for any damage, and check all the connections... lambda can make the engine run lumpy but the computer will generally swap to using the map sensor if the fuel trims are going above +- 20%, it cant cause the coil packs not to fire at all...

clio 172 cup
So I replaced the wire from the ecu to the coilpack, it's been fine all weekend however on the way to work this morning it was doing the same again , so it wasn't the wiring? Do the ecu's have any known faults that can cause this?